Fahey Needs to Go..NOW!

JDBirds10

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fahey is the security blanket that the Orioles have turned to far too often. The guy may hustle and give 100%, but the fact is he wouldn't be starting for the other 29 MLB clubs let alone a playoff team.

It seems whenever there is an injury to a position player the Orioles break the glass box that contains Brandon Fahey. The fact that he's on the team at all shows how poor our MI depth really is. When Brandon Fahey is no longer on this team, is when the Orioles will be a playoff team again...

The next time I'm down in Baltimore, I'll make sure to get his autograph so he's sure not to be on the team. I almost got him last year, but got Birkins instead. The year before that I got David Newhan's and the first auto was Rock Raines Jr.'s last hurrah with the Birds. The way I see it, I'm a blessing not a curse... :laughlol:

I'm sure BF is a great guy and works hard. God love him. I do agree that he's not a major league caliber baseball player, for most organizations.

I'm just wondering if there was something specific that happened tonight that inspired this thread.

Could it have been his O'fer?

Probably, but so what?

It's not like we don't know what we're going to get with any of the SS's that have been in the rotation this year, right?

So why would anyone act surprised?

I know that 90% of the things posted on message boards are probably negative, but the whining about the SS situation keeps going in circles.

I'm sure this will come as crushing news.

I hope AM has enough ego-strength to stand up to it ;-)

Doesn't shock me that you go through all the posts, and jump on mine. I look forward to them. Right up with your "Mr. Weed" comments.

The SS situation is probably one of the worst I've ever seen any team have to endure. When your options are the likes of Fahey, Bynum, Hernandez, and Cintron, and you've talked about making trades for guys like Uribe and Lopez, then there is a serious issue. Nothing we don't already know, but it is nerve wrecking.

Yesterday's Chicago newspapers made it sound like Ozzie was saying goodbye to Uribe. They want to try and help him land somewhere. The article also said they would not get much for him. He has averaged around 20HR'S and 75-80 RBI's the last few years and is only 29 yrs old. He can play SS or 2B if needed. He would be a major upgrade over Bynum and better than Cintron defensively. I still like Cintron offensively but would be okay with Uribe who would offer more power to the position. Maybe the Sox would take Bynum even up.

Archived