Fahey Needs to Go..NOW!

JDBirds10

I'm sure BF is a great guy and works hard. God love him. I do agree that he's not a major league caliber baseball player, for most organizations.

I'm just wondering if there was something specific that happened tonight that inspired this thread.

I started this thread when we had runners on first and second looking to score more runs and he grounded into a double play :)

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I started this thread when we had runners on first and second looking to score more runs and he grounded into a double play :)

Based on this, I think you would've loved Brooks Robinson and Cal Ripken... between the two of them, you could've started *hundreds* of threads.

;-)

I don't mind Fahey. Its nice to be able to relax on balls hit to the shortstop, and he can turn the DP, unlike Cintron. I'm not saying he is a great player, but with the options we have right now, I have absolutely no problem with him playing shortstop.

I'm sure BF is a great guy and works hard. God love him. I do agree that he's not a major league caliber baseball player, for most organizations.

I'm just wondering if there was something specific that happened tonight that inspired this thread.

No, for some there does not need to be a reason to rip a player. Brandon is thin and looks very young. Big deal, I wish I was. He started the last two games. Got a double in the first that drove in a run and has fielded well in both. He turns a lightning DP also. People need to get over our SS position for right now. It is what it is.

Well obviously that is more than enough reason for the attack in the Original post. We can not have a player on our roster who has hit into a DP.:rolleyes:

I agree he's not the best player and is even a below average player, but don't call him pathetic. What has he ever done wrong? He's worked his butt off and is among the best baseball players in the world for even reaching the majors, which is something most of us here could only have dreamed of. I'd rather see a better shortstop than him too, but Fahey is far from "absolutely pathetic."

Remember, before we critisize any player in MLB, we must first note that they are among the best in the world, because of corse, none of us would recognize this without first being told. :rolleyes:

Oh, and we must also point out we are not critisizing their personal lives, just their proffessional abilities.

Remember, before we critisize any player in MLB, we must first note that they are among the best in the world, because of corse, none of us would recognize this without first being told. :rolleyes:

Oh, and we must also point out we are not critisizing their personal lives, just their proffessional abilities.

And Fahey isn't a pathetic baseball player. He plays fine defensively, drove in a run on Tuesday, turns the double play better than Cintron... I mean, we all kinda realize that SS is a weak position for us. Fahey's at least not a K machine like Bynum is.

I think the point is that he's being criticized for the sake of criticism. If there were someone he were blocking or someone we could acquire by trade cheaply that would be an upgrade, then sure. Complain away. Otherwise, these threads are completely and utterly pointless.

Remember, though, before we criticize threads, we must first note that there was a good and valid reason for them in the first place because of course, none of us would recognize this without first being told :rolleyes:

And never be brought back up or start another game at shortstop again. That is the worst Major League player I think I have ever seen. He's about as built as my 10 year old brother and can't hit the ball out of the infield. Bynum's back up, and Bynum can't hit the ball much better but at least he brings a little bit more then Fahey who is just absolutely pathetic.

He does?? :confused:To me, Fahey looks much better at pivoting and turning a DP. He hangs in there much better with the runner bearing down on him and he also seems to track balls hit in the air much better than the erratic Byum.:old5fan:

I was at the game last night and frankly, I thought Fahey had a good game. When he grounded into the double play, I was as disappointed as anyone but he hit the ball hard on the ground, just right at someone.

He could have easily had a hit and an RBI except his surprise squeeze, with Mora on third, just trickled foul.

He caught Gordon completely knapping on that play.

I thought his defense was stellar.

Nothing spectacular, like Gathright in center field, but solid shortstop play.

He got to everything, turned a nice double play and gave Roberts a couple of good feeds as well.

I hope Trembley starts him again tonight.

Archived