Ryan Mountcastle 2018

hoosiers

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Despite RM's heavily criticized at-bats in the Futures Game, RM has absolutely raked in 13 games in July to an OPS of 1.022.  In 56 July ABs, RM has 10 xbh, 2 BBs and only 7 Ks - that's a 12% K rate - real improvement.

The numbers bring his overall AA OPS this year to .894 - good for fifth among qualifiers - which RM now is!

I personally would let Mountcastle dominate at this level and find the proper defensive position.  He is a most important bat for the organization and I don't see any need to start his service time before next May or June.

9 hours ago, hoosiers said:

Despite RM's heavily criticized at-bats in the Futures Game, RM has absolutely raked in 13 games in July to an OPS of 1.022.  In 56 July ABs, RM has 10 xbh, 2 BBs and only 7 Ks - that's a 12% K rate - real improvement.

The numbers bring his overall AA OPS this year to .894 - good for fifth among qualifiers - which RM now is!

1 hour ago, ChrisP said:

AAA anytime now...hopefully 

I do think he’s ready for a promotion from an offensive standpoint.   It’s more a matter of whether to keep him at Bowie while he continues to work on the defensive part of his game.    

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

I do think he’s ready for a promotion from an offensive standpoint.   It’s more a matter of whether to keep him at Bowie while he continues to work on the defensive part of his game.    

Or if they move him somewhere else. 

Then again, they already promoted him once and changed positions...

2 minutes ago, kramer_ said:

Does anyone know if Mountcastle is taking all of his reps at 3rd?  Has he had any games where is has played a position other than 3rd?

I believe it’s been all 3B this year, I don’t know if he’s been getting early work in the OF or at 2B before games though.

4 hours ago, Il BuonO said:

I’d love to hear he’s been getting work at 2B.

I wouldn't. If they're trying to get him to improve his defense at third, I'd be glad to hear he hasn't had the distraction of being moved anywhere else for now. 

Looked up his stats, and he's started all 51 of his games at 3B, with no other positions covered this season:

image.png.2f29424747e0f87eed0de9eb97cccede.png

5 hours ago, Luke-OH said:

I believe it’s been all 3B this year, I don’t know if he’s been getting early work in the OF or at 2B before games though.

In the Spring, he was taking fly balls in left field on the practice field. Haven't heard about him still doing that now though.

Archived