Orioles Mount Rushmores

Moose Milligan

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, TonySoprano said:

This is how you start a topic.  Very creative, Moose.  It's a brief break from all the different threads repeating the same basic ideas  e.g. how bad Chris Davis' year is.

I think that if there were a Mt Rushmore of really bad season....Chris Davis would have to be on it. ;) 

4 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

I think we had a thread like this in the past, but I can't find it and IIRC it was more along the lines of the Franchise Four.  Not a great topic of debate as we'd be really pining back and forth between Cal, Brooks, Palmer, Frank, Eddie and Earl.  Can't go wrong with any of them.

But this isn't about the all time Orioles Mount Rushmore.  You can make any Orioles Mount Rushmore you want, good or bad, serious or silly (I prefer silly).  

Examples:

Orioles Mount Rushmore for Worst Relievers:  Mike DeJean, Steve Kline, Mike Wright, Kevin Gregg

Orioles Mount Rushmore for Best First Basemen:  Jim Gentile, Boog, Eddie, Raffy

Orioles Mount Rushmore for Biggest Draft Pick Bust:  Chris Smith, Billy Rowell, Wade Townsend, Mike Paradis

Orioles Mount Rushmore for Best LHP:  Cuellar, McNally, McGregor...Bedard?

On an off day, let's forget about the misery that's the 2018 season and have some fun debates.

Replace Steve Kline with Todd Williams and you got it

16 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

BS, Steve Kline is like the George Washington of the crappy reliever Orioles Mount Rushmore.

Armando Benitez should be on that list.  Remember Brad "BP" Pennington?  The HR he gave up to Griffey, Jr. was immortalized in a Nike commercial.  We'd need 2 Rushmores.

2 hours ago, OrioleDog said:

I can't decide which announcer goes with Thompson, Miller and Palmer - any ideas for a 4th standout?

Lowenstein was memorable, but not exactly in a chiseled in stone kind of way.

Bill O'donnell together with Thompson absolutely classic

8 minutes ago, TonySoprano said:

Armando Benitez should be on that list.  Remember Brad "BP" Pennington?  The HR he gave up to Griffey, Jr. was immortalized in a Nike commercial.  We'd need 2 Rushmores.

How about Pedro Strop, who went from awesome for us, to horrifically bad for us, to good for the Cubs?

Archived