Orioles Mount Rushmores

Moose Milligan

18 hours ago, SteveA said:

Mount Rushmore of bad pennant race acquisitions:   Gerardo Parra, Keith Moreland, Francisco Rodriguez, ???

Todd Cruz was not much of a player but we made him our starting 3Bman and won a World Series.

Glenn Gulliver he was acquired from Rochester but still. 

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Orioles Mount Rushmore for Best LHP:  Cuellar, McNally, McGregor...Bedard?

hard to argue the listed guys plus the suggestion of Flanagan. but Tippy Martinez was always one of my favorites

1 hour ago, atomic said:

Mount Rushmore's of what is this guy still doing on a Major League team:  Larry Sheets, Alan Wiggins, Chris Davis, Sidney Ponson

Sheets? Really? Still managed a .650 OPS on the 88-89 teams after 3 solid years. https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/s/sheetla01.shtml

Josh Bell, https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/b/belljo01.shtml

Felix Pie, https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/p/piefe01.shtml

36 minutes ago, ChrisP said:

You do know .65O OPS for a terrible fielding corner outfielder is really bad don't you? How can Felix PIe and Josh Bell qualify  for what is a guy STILL DOING IN THE MAJOR LEAGUES.   I didn't say guys that never belonged in the Major Leagues.    This is limited to guys who put up at least 2 WAR In a single season once in their careers.  I mean there are probably a 100 guys like Josh Bell who have based through the Orioles at one time or another. 

21 hours ago, LocoChris said:

Replace Steve Kline with Todd Williams and you got it

What’s wrong with Todd Williams? The guy pitched four years here to a 111 ERA+.     Other than the episode where he allowed a hit to young Miguel Cabrera while trying to walk him intentionally, I don’t remember a lot of negative things about Williams.  He faded in his last season and got cut, but he wouldn’t be in my top 20 of bad relievers.   

20 minutes ago, atomic said:

You do know .65O OPS for a terrible fielding corner outfielder is really bad don't you? How can Felix PIe and Josh Bell qualify  for what is a guy STILL DOING IN THE MAJOR LEAGUES.   I didn't say guys that never belonged in the Major Leagues.    This is limited to guys who put up at least 2 WAR In a single season once in their careers.  I mean there are probably a 100 guys like Josh Bell who have based through the Orioles at one time or another. 

YOU DO KNOW YOU DONT HAVE TALK DOWN TO PEOPLE YOU DISAGREE WITH AND REPLY IN ALL-CAPS?!

jeez, that’s what Facebook is for. Not here

6 minutes ago, Jules said:

YOU DO KNOW YOU DONT HAVE TALK DOWN TO PEOPLE YOU DISAGREE WITH AND REPLY IN ALL-CAPS?!

jeez, that’s what Facebook is for. Not here

I was not talking down to you with all caps. I was using it for emphasis.

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

What’s wrong with Todd Williams? The guy pitched four years here to a 111 ERA+.     Other than the episode where he allowed a hit to young Miguel Cabrera while trying to walk him intentionally, I don’t remember a lot of negative things about Williams.  He faded in his last season and got cut, but he wouldn’t be in my top 20 of bad relievers.   

Forgot that he was the guy that allowed a base hit to Cabrera while trying to walk him.  If there was a Mount Rushmore for stupid plays from 98-2011, that'd be on it.  Also, Cust crawling towards home plate.

Archived