Machado to the Dodgers, 5-1 deal

TonySoprano

5 minutes ago, brooksfrankjim said:

Trade Britton, Brach, Adam, Trumbo and listen on Schoop, Gausman, and Bundy.  The more we trade now the faster we get better.  Oh, and then sign Manny back in offseason.

Britton first.  He's got the most noise at the moment.

9 minutes ago, Cy Bundy said:

The only part that is truly painful is that Manny is officially gone. I absolutely loved watching him play for us. I’m a bit embarrassed to feel sentimental, but he was the most gifted player I have seen put on an Orioles uniform. He was the one guy who all others teams wished they had, an Oriole mentioned repeatedly at The Little League World Series when kids told the country who their favorite player was. We don’t get many of those and it may be a long time before we get another. 

He was a pleasure to watch. He brought life to Camden Yards that had been missing and is now gone. He will be missed by this life long O’s fan.

The only kind of organization that can keep a player like Manny is a successful one.  As long as the Orioles have one or two years of success for every 4 or 5 years of losing then they'll most likely be forced to trade their very best players.

31 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Gotta do some research on these guys, but it appears they got only one top-10 prospect for Machado and a whole lot of C+ guys. I don't want to be too down before researching these guys but man, I was hoping for Mays and Lux along with Diaz.

We are talking about the O's...

I'm not sure if you guys have looked at their numbers, but Kremer, Bannon and Pop are all having excellent seasons.   All 3 will fit nicely into our top 15.

Edited by connja
Pop as a reliever might not be top prospect but could move fast through the system.

Solid deal. Valera looks like a utility infielder so meh and probably to early to tell on Pop so he's a lotto ticket. But Diaz and Bannon both look like solid gets. I'm more wait and see on Kremer but he's having a solid season. Hopefully the Orioles don't ruin him. 

• Upvote 1