Tuesday's (7/31/18) Trade Deadline

Greg Pappas

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, clapdiddy said:

Somehow, I think the lure of playing in NY for the most recognizable name in the sport might win out over $$$.

Mostly it doesn't but sometimes it does.  He could also see the Orioles as a much faster way to get to the majors, and to start.

1 hour ago, atomic said:

I am sure you really feel bad for him.   He gets paid the same whether he goes or stays.   He will make more next season than you do in your lifetime so I think he will be all right 

There is more to life than money, and yes I do feel bad for a young man when he is declining the chance of a lifetime. Why are you so angry?

24 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

There is more to life than money, and yes I do feel bad for a young man when he is declining the chance of a lifetime. Why are you so angry?

There is more to life than abandoning your team to play for a contender for a couple of months.  You are the one who is telling players to change teams because you want them to. 

4 minutes ago, Greg Pappas said:

Do you think Schoop could garner more value in the winter with one season left before free agency, or more now?  

Great question.   I don't know that any team is looking specifically for a second baseman.  He may wind up having more value in the offseason.

22 minutes ago, Babypowder said:

Tommy Pham to the Rays

Wow. Kind of a strange move for both teams. I know they're deep at OF, but I'm little surprised the Cards sold low on Pham. And acquiring a 30 year old player, albeit one under team control for a few years, seems like a strange move for a rebuilding team. I'm really surprised the Cards didn't try to dump Ozuna instead of Pham. He's the one I would have been shopping...

Archived