Orioles Deal Gausman/O'Day to Braves - Schoop to Brewers

weams

2 minutes ago, Malike said:

Where will Meadows play? His Defense is worse than his offense. He's actually sub replacement level this season. I bet when Tony Bautista hit all those HR's and RBI's in Baltimore that year, you thought he had a good season.

He's kinda like Trey was. 

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

Man, Orioles just sent an email with the welcome message for these players.

I hope when Ortiz arrives they give him a pair of running shoes and tell him he's jogging to the park.

He's listed at 6'3" 230. I bet there are a lot of posters on here pushing 230 who aren't even 6 foot tall. I doubt he's morbidly obese like people are implying.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Malike said:

He's listed at 6'3" 230. I bet there are a lot of posters on here pushing 230 who aren't even 6 foot tall. I doubt he's morbidly obese like people are implying.

And certainly not fat, which is a word all too easily and ignorantly used quite often. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, murph said:

Friends of mine on FB are showing their ignorance in spades.  I echo your sentiment! 

I tried to engage on a couple of threads, but it's the same old same old. Some are so attached to their stars of old, even though the O's are on pace to having the worst record since early in the last century with those same players (and then get nothing for them when they walk). Again, thankful for this place. We don't all agree, but there seems to be some thoughtful backup to a lot of what we post here. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, NashLumber said:

I tried to engage on a couple of threads, but it's the same old same old. Some are so attached to their stars of old, even though the O's are on pace to having the worst record since early in the last century with those same players (and then get nothing for them when they walk). Again, thankful for this place. We don't all agree, but there seems to be some thoughtful backup to a lot of what we post here. 

I know better than to even try.  It would fall on phenomenally deaf ears.  

• Haha 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• IMO 100% - I get the SP need and want but a shut-down pen (with a long man) is imperative
    • Good idea.  Hopefully, he performs well enough in the FCL for them to consider it.
    • I dont think Trouts the answer even if he wanted to come here. Too much $$$ probably. Elias would probably accept a 100 OPS+ CF if his range was good. Im not sure how many CF's fall under that category that are available. And Roberts only signed through next year, so it doesn't make sense to give up a valuable prospect for him.  Sigs going to have to dig deep to churn up something. Isnt Johnson in AAA having a great year? I dont know anything about him defensively.
    • Nice to see him getting live action. Ashamed he missed so much of the season. I'd love to see him do well and have them push him up to Delmarva for addition PAs that he lost out on, even if he struggles at that level. 
    • While I still think he could become a reliable defensive 3B, I'd still like to see what he looks like in RF.  An outfield of Kjerstad/Stowers in LF, Cowser in CF, and Mayo in RF would be about as scary as it gets for pitchers. Imagine this 2025 lineup: 1. Henderson - SS 2. Rutschman -  C 3. Mayo - RF 4. Kjerstad - DH 5. Westburg - 3B 6. Cowser - CF 7. Mountcastle - 1B 8. Stowers - LF 9. Holliday - 2B Who the hell do you pitch around?  
    • I really don’t think I was speculating based on the past, but rather on my perceptions of the new generation of ballplayers overwhelmed by advanced stats and how their pay is based on them so heavily, as well as hearing it from the mouths of current players.    Did you watch any of the youtube clip? While I totally understand where you’re coming from and appreciate the check on my viewpoint, I really think the things said in the podcast are definite issues for consideration and hope you’ll watch it to see what you think. 
    • Wow, only Judge and Soto have more votes than Rutschman in the AL.
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now