Snyder-O-Meter up to .290!!!

DocJJ

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In a side note to today's game, Winston-Salem's left fielder is 22 year old John Shelby out of Baltimore, MD. Wonder who dad is?:)

He was Chicago's 8th ranked prospect this year, too. The White Sox don't have a great system but it's still a nice honor for T-Bone, Jr.

I was at the game today, and Snyder really impressed me. He crushed the ball all 4 times.

His HR was a no-doubter to LF, and he also hit a screaming line drive right at the first baseman. He also had a single and flied out to deep CF.

But the thing that impressed me most about Snyder was his defense. He looked great at First Base. He seems to be very good at picking balls out of the dirt, and he seems to have great footwork around the bag.

IMHO, he looks major-league ready defensively right now.

Now Billy Rowell dissapointed me today. I love Billy, and I think he's going to be fine, but I saw a real lack of effort defensively today.

In the 4th, after Erbe gave up a HR, there was a softly hit ground ball toward 3rd base. The ball is a good length away from the line and clearly not going foul. But Billy just let it roll, and it stopped well into fair territory, had he charged it he would have got the guy out easily, IMO.

Now, a couple of plays later, there was a ball hit a few steps to his left. He reacted quickly and it looked like he would easily get the ball, but he just stopped, and the ball rolled right into LF.

I think somebody must have said something to him in the dugout, because he played with a lot of fire at 3rd base for the rest of the game.

So what's different about Snyder now that was missing earlier in the year?

Is he just healthy now? Is his approach different (more comfortable and confident)? Has he changed his stance or hitting mechanics?

Whatever it is, hopefully the same can happen for Rowell too. Lots of people were down on Snyder (including myself), but he's pulling his way back up the prospect list as we speak. Lots of people are down on Rowell right now, but hopefully he'll start pulling his way back up the list too.

So what's different about Snyder now that was missing earlier in the year?

Is he just healthy now? Is his approach different (more comfortable and confident)? Has he changed his stance or hitting mechanics?

Whatever it is, hopefully the same can happen for Rowell too. Lots of people were down on Snyder (including myself), but he's pulling his way back up the prospect list as we speak. Lots of people are down on Rowell right now, but hopefully he'll start pulling his way back up the list too.

According to a source in Minor League management, Brandon has had a couple of "tweaks" to an obligue which has affected his swing.

Brandon's certainly swinging the bat as well as he was before the all-star break. I think now though, he's swinging his bat with more power. The home run he launched last night was blasted over the CF wall, and the hits he had on the road were hard hit as well. It's good to see at least one of our prospects who struggled early on this season rebound in a hurry. Let's hope it becomes a trend, as in his teammate who plays at the hot corner opposite him.

How has Tripp looked recently? While not on fire, his stats have looked better of late (before today I think he was hitting .280ish over the last 10 or 14 days). And he had a good day today.

Archived