What is going on?

LookinUp

Forgive my ignorance, I haven’t been reading many threads here. It is obvious that the Orioles are moving very slowly this off-season. Is this just the way Angelos brothers are moving, or is this an indication that more is happening? 

Specifically, is all of this and indication of an ownership change? The lack of explanation for what is happening, as far as I have seen at least, is suspicious to me. 

Is there any “news” about this either way?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, MikeAD said:

LOL you know nothing is going on.  Nobody knows anything either.  Could be a sell or could be typical incompetence we've always known and loved.  

I think things are going on, we are not kept informed about what they are doing, and that burns some posters.

IMO, I think the team sell and/or move, is just a hysterical cry for attention and stir up the fans.

The team has a great stadium, one of the best in MLB, to leave there would be silly.

When you are both extremely slow and extremely incompetent as the Orioles have strategically positioned themselves to being, then what appears one way to us may simply not appear the same way to them.  Put another way, they probably think that they are moving along intelligently at a very brisk pace. 

They kind of remind me of Brooks in Shawshank when he gets out of prison and almost gets hit by a car crossing the street.  The world went and got itself in a big damn hurry......the Os just had no idea that automobiles would be everywhere when they were ready to rejoin modern society.   

56 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

I think things are going on, we are not kept informed about what they are doing, and that burns some posters.

IMO, I think the team sell and/or move, is just a hysterical cry for attention and stir up the fans. 

The team has a great stadium, one of the best in MLB, to leave there would be silly. 

Why would a professional franchise place value in a nice facility, that is empty of fans.

The O's fanbase has eroded to historic lows, Baltimore is a  city in decline. If I was the new owner I'd be looking to move, Nashville would be my first pick

4 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

Why would a professional franchise place value in a nice facility, that is empty of fans.

The O's fanbase has eroded to historic lows, Baltimore is a  city in decline. If I was the new owner I'd be looking to move, Nashville would be my first pick

Always a beacon of Optimism.

40 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

Fan base hasn't eroded the way you think.  Of course your post really isn't about fans of losing teams.  I mean, most teams have casual fans that only come when they win.  Those guys/gals are gone for at least a little while.  Then you have the kinda fans that like say they are fans when things go well and like to complain when they do not. These two pieces make up a fairly significant part of any team base.

It's gonna be awhile until things are exciting and we get to hear the line "aint the beer cold" on a consistent basis.  Of course until then the real fans will be here to debate what could and should be done or what could or should have been done.

I can't lie, I think you are a knowledgeable fan.  But in fairness your posts have been negative all the way back to 2010 when we were still in the dark ages.  This franchise has it's issues and I and many others have beat on em with you.  But from 2010 when you joined till now the Orioles played their best baseball in a generation.  You seemed to not enjoy any of that...and your posting history from the end of 11 is gone and restarts in 13.  My point is if there is never anything at all that you like...maybe the Orioles are not for you.  No, one here really thinks that if you were the owner you would stay.  Why would you?  You don't like Baltimore and you don't seem to particularly like the Orioles.

Of course it's a free country and all, and I really don't intend to sound rude. Why perhaps next year we can catch a game together.  We can sit together and chat about the future of Baltimore Baseball.  And if you don't like the company....I'm pretty sure there will be plenty of alternative opportunities.  Chin up.  It's gonna get better.  

I wish we knew and I wish John Angelos had done a quick media session when season ended.  But there is so much wrong and so much to do, I really think fretting about not knowing at this point is just wasted energy.  They are either going to get the hire right or they are probably likely to demonstrate to MLB they are not capable of running the franchise.

From my chair, Orioles win either way.  And while I do think MLB would like to see a sale, I do NOT believe MLB would seriously consider a sale and a move of the franchise.  But none of what I say is gonna get you a cup of coffee even.  Just saying I don't like waiting and not knowing, but we are going to know pretty soon.  Process.....yeah that's what Im going with.

2 hours ago, Redskins Rick said:

You know what's more important than a great stadium? Having fans to fill it. 

1 hour ago, webbrick2010 said:

We're neglecting to consider that someone could also buy the team and keep it in Baltimore. I personally thought the talks of potentially selling were far fetched a few weeks ago, but now it's in the back of my mind as a possibility. 

Also, "eroded to historic lows" is a bit much considering the team was contending just a few seasons ago. If they win the fans will come. They real question is do they have a plan to get back to winning? All we have to go on are the words of a former GM. 

Archived