Orioles hire Mike Elias as Executive Vice President and GM

ISU94

9 hours ago, Redskins Rick said:

I dont even care, if they send him out to get a john hancock on a player contract, as long as the GM has blessed the transaction.

We should ask Dan if that is how it worked...that Brady did everything just as approved by Dan and only communicated about roster issues and signings with Dan. 

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Frobby said:

He's going to show Davis some graphs about his swing that show him how to hit .300.    Then after Davis puts up a 6 WAR season next year, he'll trade him for 5 minor leaguers who are on Elias' radar screen.    Done!

How is he going to get him to swing at strikes in two strike counts?

3 hours ago, Frobby said:

So if his title is Executive Vice President, he’s not an executive?

To me, this is a bunch of semantics.    I don’t care what they call Elias.   What I do care about is that there be a very clear chain of command with him at the top, with no exceptions for Brady or the manager, and that the owners don’t micromanage him.

That word again. You all call it what you want. I think it's a good hire but disagree about certain details.

1 hour ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I can tell that is photoshopped because Davis usually stares at strike three.  

Also because he's left handed.  Although if some of you started ignoring and deliberately forgetting his at bats to the point to which you no longer knew that, I totally understand and empathize. ?

2 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'd love to read it but I refuse to spend $13.99 on a 261 page Ebook.

Here is the original SI feature article by Ben Reiter in 2014 that both describes the Luhnow, Elias, Sig transformation and predicts their path.  His book came out of this later. 

https://www.si.com/vault/2014/06/30/106479598/astromatic-baseball-houstons-grand-experiment

31 minutes ago, Frobby said:

He's going to show Davis some graphs about his swing that show him how to hit .300.    Then after Davis puts up a 6 WAR season next year, he'll trade him for 5 minor leaguers who are on Elias' radar screen.    Done!

The dream scenario! It's s pipe dream, but a dream nonetheless.

8 hours ago, Palmoripken said:

The situation with the Angelos brothers sort of reminds me of what happened with the Yankees when George Steinbrenner died and got older. The Yankees since Hal and Hank started running the show seem more practical than their old man was. And yeah I know Peter Angelos isn't on the level of George Steinbrenner with past success as an owner but it's an interesting parallel with two sons taking over from their father .

Is that chronologically possible??

Archived