A few nuggets....

bigbird

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lot of talks right now, nothing real serious. One thing that I can say for certain is, Trembley will be back. Not a sure thing to extend him, but they will pick up his option.

Then why have we been arguing about it for 10 pages?:D

Sorry bigbird. I'm not buying that the management is upset with Trembley. Trembley has used the bullpen as well as anyone given his lack of starting pitching.

Back up your suggestion that these things are not being addressed. Because unlike you, I was in the lockerroom last night and talked with both Trembley and Shelby and both have been trying to work on things.

I'm not going to get into specifics, but Trembley knows there are still some knuckleheads on this team when it comes to playing the game right and unfortunately, it's the hand he's dealt.

Do you really think anyone can get players like Mora and Hernandez to be smart players?

Trembley is part of the solution and although he's not perfect, there's absolutely no reason to think he's in trouble.

Please make sure to differentiate between what you are hearing and your opinion, because this comment sounds a lot more like opinion than organizational thoughts.

It's more than just Mora and ernandez that hurt us. It's pretty well spread around.

Belkast and Tony-OH say he'll be back. Bigbird says that "he's not a lock". With what...70 games left, I'd have to think that "he's not a lock" is very realistic. This team (not jut two guys) has struggled with fundamentals, both for one early stretch and now here recently. I said at this time last year that his new contract wasn't really much of a committement from the O's (another lame-duck season basically). Has he really guaranteed his return or 2009 regardless of what happens the rest of the way? I doubt it.

Yeah...maybe instead we should just take Trembley off to the side, give him a little talk about his mistakes and a smack on the tucus...and watch as he does the same things over and over again :laughlol:

C'mon, it's FUNNY...

Why do I feel like I am sitting in the middle of the teacher's lounge debating whether they should bring back paddling the students or not?

"Now Ramon, one more baserunning mistake out of you and your going to go straight up to the principal's office and Principal Davie is going to bend you over his knee and give you a good paddling young man! Do you understand me!"

Why do I feel like I am sitting in the middle of the teacher's lounge debating whether they should bring back paddling the students or not?

"Now Ramon, one more baserunning mistake out of you and your going to go straight up to the principal's office and Principal Davie is going to bend you over his knee and give you a good paddling young man! Do you understand me!"

Perfecto.

"The beatings will continue until the mistakes stop..."

O.K., Just read this entire thread.

First of all, JTrea, Trembley didn't say that he didn't want Bergesen up, I believe he was referring to Norfolk and said "Nobody has set the world on fire."

I'm not a huge Bill Hall fan, his career .317 OBP doesn't excite me at all. He was good in 2005, great in 2006, and has been horrible since. I'd prefer to see what the Dodgers woiuld give up for Bradford.

Wow a 12-page Bigbird "a few things" thread (complete with a Belkast cameo), and nothing more than a lot of Trembley report carding and some forgettable Bill Hall chatter?

Major bummer! I want my money back! ;)

Archived