Terps vs. Boilermakers

Oriole4Life

You guys watching this?  Refs just made a bullshit call against Fernando, flagrant one I have no clue what they saw.  Terps missed some open shots early, a couple bad turnovers.  Good defense by both teams, Purdue has made some tough shots.  18-14 Purdue 9:30 left first half.

Really demoralizing three by Purdue to end the half. Terps have had their chances, but they either turn it over or miss an open shot. They need to feed Fernando every possession cuz he gets doubled and is doing well to find the open man.

On the other end we are not getting out on screens and allowing their shooters space. Edwards has made some tough shots as well.

Best half of offense I've seen this team play all year. Defense was beautiful. Offensively they moved the ball found the open guy. And guys made shots. Ayala is so poised, that guy is amazing. And my boy Wiggins, I don't know how many times I've said how good of a shooter he is this year - but he's a great shooter. Showed some nice dribbling to create space too. I also liked Jalen Smith shown some strength down low. Resume building win. Contributions from everyone. 

I'm rewatching the second half. If we had rebounded better on defense we might have won by 20. Darryl Morsell played some fantastic defense, as did Cowan. Took away several shots by Purdue. Cowan also had some excellent post entry passes to Smith that led to some easy points. And he scored on a tough and one to start the second half, got momentum on our side. 

Went 10-15 at the free throw line and lost the turnover battle 11-4 and still won 70-56. That's pretty good and a testament to our great defense. 

That was some tremendous BBall in the second half, They keep getting better they can play into the second weekend in March. Ayala can play decent at the next level so that makes 3 ...at least on this squad now. Fun team to watch. I don't remember a Terp team that was filled with kids that can consistently hit 3's.

Archived