Chris Davis 2019 and beyond

Camden_yardbird

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

Yeah.  I mean, granted a 1/4 night will prop that batting average up a little bit but he's like 3 for his last 34 or something ridiculous.  .153 is too high for him.

.153 is getting a hit every 6.5 at bats.  .200 is getting a hit every 5 at bats. 

5 hours ago, TonySoprano said:

Of 199 players with at least 150 plate appearances, Davis' .480 OPS is 197th.  A few spots ahead of him in 193rd place is a name familiar to O's fans, Dexter Fowler, .564 OPS.  Schoop's .650 OPS puts him at 171.
http://www.espn.com/mlb/stats/batting/_/sort/OPS/count/160/qualified/false/minpa/150

Don’t forget that he is 3rd in the majors with 68 Ks. 

1st base is pretty weak in the AL. We should start an internet voting campaign to get him to be the starter for the All Star game. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Don’t forget that he is 3rd in the majors with 68 Ks. 

1st base is pretty weak in the AL. We should start an internet voting campaign to get him to be the starter for the All Star game. 

What are you talking about?  He isn't even #1 on the team in strikeouts, Bundy has 77.  ?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

What are you talking about?  He isn't even #1 on the team in strikeouts, Bundy has 77.  ?

Let’s get creative and get something out of the guy. At least if he has TJ we might get out of the contract. 

Could Davis our pitch Tillman?

Could Tillman out hit Davis?

Edited by sportsfan8703

5 hours ago, PaulFolk said:

Not crazy, but against the rules.

Kinda, and maybe to start the game.  But what if you had Davis play 1B, and Mancini (just picking a name) DH.  Then moved Manicini to first, therefore forefitting the DH.  Davis only has to field the first half inning, and then he comes out.  There's always a loophole.

What I'm starting to get worried about is Mountcastle being blocked.  Very few think he sticks at third and the general thought seems to be he's going to be a first baseman.  By the middle of next season, his bat could be ready for the big leagues but we'll have at least 3 other 1B/DH blocking him if we hang on to Trumbo.  Also, Davis could indirectly block Stewart and Mullins this season because he's forcing Mancini to left field.  

It's one thing to trot Davis out there in a year you have no chance to contend.  But it's quite another if he starts blocking quality prospects and delaying their development.  We're not quite at that point yet -- although you could credibly argue that Mancini playing left is hurting his development a lot -- but we will be headlong into that phase by this time next year for sure.  

12 hours ago, wildbillhiccup said:

Honestly would it be that crazy to let the pitcher hit and DH for Davis? I'm only half joking. 

I had this exact thought.  Can MLB quickly allow for a "designated" fielder, but the pitcher bats in his spot?

14 hours ago, Odenton Mike said:

Yeah, If I were Buck and the Orioles, I'd be a little more careful about the starting lineup as it has become very obvious the O's are tanking the season for the 1st pick in the draft next year. Come on - CD batting cleanup?? What's next - have CD leadoff?? Could the O's forfeit next year's first pick in the draft if it becomes too obvious they are not making an effort to field a competitive team? That would suck!

Careful he started off the season leading off, that lasted a week  LOL ?