Chris Davis 2019 and beyond

Camden_yardbird

16 minutes ago, jrobb21613 said:

Is it just me or does Davis look quite a bit leaner?

He said as much in his interviews a few weeks ago.    Said he needed to be more flexible.    Of course, a skeptic might wonder if he was on steroids before signing the big deal and has been weaning off since to avoid the risk of an unpaid suspension.    (I am not saying I believe that, just saying that some may.)

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

He said as much in his interviews a few weeks ago.    Said he needed to be more flexible.    Of course, a skeptic might wonder if he was on steroids before signing the big deal and has been weaning off since to avoid the risk of an unpaid suspension.    (I am not saying I believe that, just saying that some may.)

Anybody that hits more than 15 home runs in a season gets the steroid issue raised about them.

3 minutes ago, Frobby said:

That’s always been my thought process and concern with Davis. But God how awesome would it be if he could return to what he once was or at least somewhat close. Love to see him hit 35 plus dingers this year. 

Let me ask this if he is raking  before the deadline and say has 25 dingers already think we could find a taker?

11 minutes ago, jrobb21613 said:

That’s always been my thought process and concern with Davis. But God how awesome would it be if he could return to what he once was or at least somewhat close. Love to see him hit 35 plus dingers this year. 

Let me ask this if he is raking  before the deadline and say has 25 dingers already think we could find a taker?

If I was the opposing GM, I think I would be worried that he would reverse back to the shell that he was for the previous couple of seasons.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, jrobb21613 said:

Unfortunately I think even if he hit 30 before the break his contract makes him unable to be traded in any capacity unless the O’s pick up major money. By major I mean almost all of it. No one will ever want Chris Davis. 

52 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Does MLB release what drugs a player was suspended for?  Or do we just have Davis' word that it was ADD medicine?

2 minutes ago, mdbdotcom said:

Even if he hits, at 33 he adds nothing to a rebuilding team. I can't wait until he's gone.

Maybe you get more fans in the stands.  Of the autographs session at fanfest 2PM or later the only ones old out was the one with Chris Davis.  I think he is still popular among the fans. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, atomic said:

Maybe you get more fans in the stands.  Of the autographs session at fanfest 2PM or later the only ones old out was the one with Chris Davis.  I think he is still popular among the fans. 

Well, he did have good years here and not many players are still here from even 2 years ago.   Heck even the thread is labeled as Crush despite a serious lack of crushing.  Sometimes hope is all we have.  Hope he goes crush again.

9 hours ago, jerios55 said:

Well, he did have good years here and not many players are still here from even 2 years ago.   Heck even the thread is labeled as Crush despite a serious lack of crushing.  Sometimes hope is all we have.  Hope he goes crush again.

I totally agree, would rather root for him to do well, then for him to suck and be DFA.

Roch had this tidbit:

“There are a few adjustments that I’ve made. I don’t really want to get into the details,” Davis said while standing at his locker.