Chris Davis 2019 and beyond

Camden_yardbird

1 hour ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Canseco also tweeted this and honestly this has more of a chance happening than Davis getting fixed by Canseco.  

Well maybe if Canseco shares some of his goodies. 

How about the O's hire Canseco as a 24/7 hitting coach for Davis.  That would make a good reality show.  Hilarity ensues!

1 hour ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Well Davis will hit .100 if he doesn’t start getting any hits soon. I just want know when does Elias tell the Angelos brothers enough is enough and Davis can’t be on the 25 man roster. 

Is there an already agreed upon plan? 

You would think there was a determined amount of time for Davis to show he's a major league player.  I'm guessing sometime between the All-Star break and the end of the season.  Its dispiriting to the fans and I would think the other players to see a player who probably can't hit AA pitching, sent up there every day to fail.

Hyde said he had three hard hit balls. That’s kind of a stretch. I think he “poked” one to LF that the LFer moved about two steps on. 

We’re 5-5. I know everyone wants to lose, but honestly the best thing long term for this franchise would be for the team to be at or around .500 on May 1. Davis will likely be 2-100 at best and we can just release him. 

It’s sad when even the announces are acknowledging that it’s good to face a guy like Estrada that doesn’t throw hard because Davis might actually have a chance. 

When does Hyde start batting him 9th?

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Hyde said he had three hard hit balls. That’s kind of a stretch. I think he “poked” one to LF that the LFer moved about two steps on. 

We’re 5-5. I know everyone wants to lose, but honestly the best thing long term for this franchise would be for the team to be at or around .500 on May 1. Davis will likely be 2-100 at best and we can just release him. 

It’s sad when even the announces are acknowledging that it’s good to face a guy like Estrada that doesn’t throw hard because Davis might actually have a chance. 

When does Hyde start batting him 9th?

Even on the "hard" hit balls, i found that they just died. This is a guy who used to be able to hit tape measure HRs to all fields. I don't know if it's the fact that his swing is all arms,  his bat speed is extremely slow, or both, but the ball just doesn't jump off his bat on the few occasions that he has squared it up. I think someone mentioned he looks smaller and I tend to agree. He almost looks like he's swimming in his jersey now. I'm not trying to infer anything about his past success but he even appears to be a shadow of his former self physically.  Anyway, imagine if we played last night's game in an NL park, we'd score even more runs.

1 hour ago, nate22 said:

Even on the "hard" hit balls, i found that they just died. This is a guy who used to be able to hit tape measure HRs to all fields. I don't know if it's the fact that his swing is all arms,  his bat speed is extremely slow, or both, but the ball just doesn't jump off his bat on the few occasions that he has squared it up. I think someone mentioned he looks smaller and I tend to agree. He almost looks like he's swimming in his jersey now. I'm not trying to infer anything about his past success but he even appears to be a shadow of his former self physically.  Anyway, imagine if we played last night's game in an NL park, we'd score even more runs.

The record setter last night is a good example. Hit hard? Yes, but vintage Davis would have absolutely smoked that ball. 

There wasn’t that “pop” sound when he made contact last night.  It’s like he is pushing the ball now instead of attacking the ball with violent force. 

You could see how frustrated he was after the "hard" hit ball that set the consecutive AB's without a hit record. He was definitely aware that he made history

How about a promotion where randomly selected fans get to pitch to Davis, and if they strike him out they win a fabulous prize.

May as well have fun with this?

1 hour ago, nate22 said:

They were not hard hit but he at least made solid contact, and I believe two went to the opposite field. I would like to see him go opposite field more to change up his swing and help beat the shift.

14 minutes ago, Aglets said:

At least one had an exit velocity over 100 mph.   I'd say that's pretty good contact.   I'm not gonna criticize him for last night.   If he keeps making contact like that he will break the streak soon.

Yeah that one looked like a hit off the bat.