Chris Davis 2019 and beyond

Camden_yardbird

14 minutes ago, Yardball85 said:

Hahaha, yes. Even Thorne, who has been good, but way off this year.

Love Thorne but he has definitely had an even higher gaffe rate than usual this year. The pressure of saying Araujo is getting to him. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Spy Fox said:

Love Thorne but he has definitely had an even higher gaffe rate than usual this year. The pressure of saying Araujo is getting to him. 

Yes,only seen about four or five games but off. Not sure he sees that well anymore or other inhibitors. One play he said ball was caught and it was rolling to the wall. Another time a ball got past the catcher and he said strikeout .

1 hour ago, baltfan said:

Swing looked easier today.  Not overswinging.  I am predicting a little run here.  Confidence is coming back.

Sure hope so.  If this offense plays like they should, the Orioles are a winning ball club.  Hasn't quite happened yet.  Want to see them string some games together.

5 minutes ago, 25 Nuggets said:

Sure hope so.  If this offense plays like they should, the Orioles are a winning ball club.  Hasn't quite happened yet.  Want to see them string some games together.

I'm pretty excited about the starting pitching we've gotten thus far, sans the Tillman/Wright 5th starter horror show.  The offense should eventually make it to average/slightly above average. 

I'm the most concerned right now about the bullpen.  Outside of Araujo (never pitched above AA) and Bleier, things are looking tenuous.  Brach's velocity is down and lacks closer mentality, Castro is still a question mark, O'Day is one year older, Givens command has been awful,  and who knows what kind of pitcher Britton will be when he comes back?  Will he be that All-star closer again or more the shaky 2017 version?

4 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Some fans were booing him tonight.   I don’t see how that’s helpful.    Glad to see him put some good swings on the ball.  

It’s not as if the fans want to boo him. They really want to cheer him, but he needs to give them a reason to. He’s lucky he’s not in a major market.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, ORIOLE33 said:

It’s not as if the fans want to boo him. They really want to cheer him, but he needs to give them a reason to. He’s lucky he’s not in a major market.

I’d never boo an Oriole unless they weren’t putting out effort.    Davis is trying his best.   Booing is only going to make him press harder.   

13 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I’d never boo an Oriole unless they weren’t putting out effort.    Davis is trying his best.   Booing is only going to make him press harder.   

He’s a professional athlete and unfortunately getting booed comes with the territory. Especially when you’re one of the highest paid players on the team.

And you know as well as anybody, Orioles fans rarely boo their own players. The fans have been very patient. 

• Upvote 1

Davis: Amidst the boos, there are always people picking me up. I think our fan base understands the amount of work that goes into it, the effort that is there on a night-in, night-out basis. But I know they want results. I don’t like the boos but I understand their frustration."

4 hours ago, Roy Firestone said:

I never booed anyone in sports for any reason.Not even Ubaldo.Booing is temporary hate. I don't like hate.

I think it greatly depends if it’s a hometown or visiting player. It didn’t feel wrong as a kid to boo Reggie when he was at Memorial Stadium with the Yankees or Angels. 

I would never boo a hometown player, though.

21 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

It has been discussed that the current system can incentivize teams having players fail drug tests.

I imagine the temptation to save 100M can be strong.

Does Chris Davis need some B-12?  Asking for a friend.