Chris Davis 2019 and beyond

Camden_yardbird

41 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Serious question.

You folks know I don't watch the local media.

Has anyone straight out asked Buck how long this can go on with Davis performing this way?  Really pressured him (or Dan for that matter) on the subject?

If not, how can they not?  It's a third of the way though the season, it's becoming a national story.

Cause they're softer than puppy $#%^.  (side note, can we just use the regular profanity filters or is that still a bannable offense?)

And check your DM, numbnuts.

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

Cause they're softer than puppy $#%^.  (side note, can we just use the regular profanity filters or is that still a bannable offense?)

And check your DM, numbnuts.

I checked it a couple days ago, just didn't think a reply was needed.

You want one, I'll go wright you up one.  ?

55 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Serious question.

You folks know I don't watch the local media.

Has anyone straight out asked Buck how long this can go on with Davis performing this way?  Really pressured him (or Dan for that matter) on the subject?

If not, how can they not?  It's a third of the way though the season, it's becoming a national story.

No. They constantly allude to it. Gary, Joe, Jim. Roch teases in his columns. I've not heard anyone straight up say...when does he get benched or released. No. They haven't asked. 

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I've only heard the topic brought up by radio hosts on 105.7.  I can't recall someone outright asking Buck about if the Orioles are going to do anything about Davis.

Yeah. The talking heads aren't really media. They are more the entertainment by pain types. 

The solution is simple. We have to send Davis to the minors. Maybe he can get his swing back down there. If he can't even hit minor league pitching, then we re-evaluate this clusterfark. 

Just now, Natty said:

The solution is simple. We have to send Davis to the minors. Maybe he can get his swing back down there. If he can't even hit minor league pitching, then we re-evaluate this clusterfark. 

Not simple because we have no contractual ability to send him to the minors.   

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Not simple because we have no contractual ability to send him to the minors.   

Are you saying that besides a fully guaranteed money contract, Davis cant be sent to the minors for rehab assignment? 

Just now, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Palmer is the one exception, but he pretty much as an exemption to say anything he wants.  Angel has taken a couple digs at Davis too.  

Gary has made multiple comments. "How much longer can they let this go on?"  etc...

5 minutes ago, Natty said:

Are you saying that besides a fully guaranteed money contract, Davis cant be sent to the minors for rehab assignment? 

Sucking at hitting a baseball is not a recognized medical condition.

6 minutes ago, Natty said:

1 minute ago, 24fps said:

Sucking at hitting a baseball is not a recognized medical condition.

No way to send Davis down without him agreeing to it.

Tillman agreed to pretend he was hurt (that is an assumption on my part).