Chris Davis 2019 and beyond

Camden_yardbird

2 minutes ago, atomic said:

I find the thread hilarious. But I know what you are saying we need more threads on this.  I am going to start a thread on "What do you think Chris Davis' walk up music?"  My own vote goes to "Send in the Clowns". 

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

.150!  Tonight we'll see sub .150.  He might get his one hit for the week though, that could throw things off.

Yeah no more hits on 40 exit velocity balls that is just cheating.  I definitely want sub .150 tonight.  I am pulling for Chris to set some records.   He can do this if he stays unfocused.  Remember Chris if you don't hit the ball so strike out early and often. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

.150!  Tonight we'll see sub .150.  He might get his one hit for the week though, that could throw things off.

He already is sub .150, .14975.  Just wanted to make that distinction just in case he has one of his breakout 1/4 nights with 3ks and a single.

• Haha 1

Eduardo Rodriguez is starting tonight, if the Orioles want to get serious about limiting CD’s playing time they need to bench him against all LHP starters.  

1 minute ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Eduardo Rodriguez is starting tonight, if the Orioles want to get serious about limiting CD’s playing time they need to bench him against all LHP starters.  

Why he has a .550 OPS against left handers and .434 OPS against Right Handers.  

15 minutes ago, Enjoy Terror said:

Davis knows by virtue of Allen Craig that if he accepts a demotion he’s never coming back to the majors. Whether it’s worth the embarrassment, I’ve no idea. But to accept a demotion means that he’s got to ride the bus to and from Norfolk everyday until he retires.

You're probably right about him never coming back, but my notion of simple decency says make the offer and try to give him an escape from what I think is going to soon become really brutal and go on for a long time.  With some time in the minors there's also a chance that he gets back to being at least a replacement level player.  Not for a minute do I expect that, but the size of the financial commitment tells me that's an option that will be explored by the Orioles unless and until he refuses outright.  

I think I could find a way to tolerate riding a minor league bus for four years or so if I was paid $23 million per to do so.  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, 24fps said:

IMHO Davis would be doing himself a big, big favor by accepting a minor league assignment right now and get out of the spotlight.  Otherwise, I predict it won't be long before baseball fans everywhere become morbidly fascinated by this and, the internet being what it is, things will turn increasingly nasty.  

Davis is starting to get a national spotlight on his historically bad season.  That spotlight is going to keep getting brighter if Davis doesn't have a month where he hits .240 with 10 home runs.

It's will be the bizarro version of the 1998 McGwire/Sosa home run record chase.  

51 minutes ago, ReclaimTheCrown said:

I don’t know how we do this, but this may be the only thing that could possibly save this guy. And even that is an extreme long shot. While there is obviously some physical degradation, clearly things are weighing on him mentally. Some time away, and almost certainly some help if he’s willing to seek it, might help. It’s a Hail Mary though, as he’s almost certainly finished.

With the money invested in him its worth a try if nothing else works.   Nothing to lose.   

Who's worse?

Among qualified players only Lewis Brinson on the Marlins has a lower OBP.

He has a better OPS though (thanks to 9 HR to Chris's 4).

Chris has a better differential between AVG and OBP though!

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1