Hyde's Decisions 2019

Aristotelian

Just now, eddie83 said:

They can’t keep having short starts and an opener. No manager can make it work. Also Araujo first outing tonight. 

Alberto hasn’t played yet either. 

It's not gonna work. But they will sure have fun for a bit trying. 

2 minutes ago, Rene88 said:

We are discussing an obvious stupid decision on a board with people that just relish in disagreement. 

Guy I know posted on FB the other day “I went over to the OH the other day looking for insight...and well learned my lesson there, I don’t know what I was thinking”

Our combined no hitter was unique because Milacki couldn’t go more than 4-5 ever. This is not that. And even if it was...you let him finish because it doesn’t matter to us, but it matters a hell of a lot to David Hess.

Sometimes there aren’t 2 sides to an issue...one side must argue alone for their jollies.

Are you still ignoring that he threw 40 pitches on Thursday?  You are, aren't you?

Does it really matter a hell of a lot to David Hess?  Or are you just assuming that it does?  Has Hess said that he's upset?  

Don't mind me, I'm arguing for my jollies here.

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

Since when is 6.1 innings of no hit ball "pretty soft"?

I don't understand your question? It was a dominant performance with a comfortable lead. It's not like he had any 12-pitch battles with Mike Trout with the tying run on third. 

1 minute ago, weams said:

How many pitches had he thrown before that batter?

How many would he throw after the end of that inning? Are you actually trying to argue a pitch limit at 80 providing an excuse to pull him mid-inning? You leave him in the dugout. How is this so difficult for you to comprehend?

3 minutes ago, Rene88 said:

We are discussing an obvious stupid decision on a board with people that just relish in disagreement. 

Guy I know posted on FB the other day “I went over to the OH the other day looking for insight...and well learned my lesson there, I don’t know what I was thinking”

Our combined no hitter was unique because Milacki couldn’t go more than 4-5 ever. This is not that. And even if it was...you let him finish because it doesn’t matter to us, but it matters a hell of a lot to David Hess.

Sometimes there aren’t 2 sides to an issue...one side must argue alone for their jollies.

There was not a stupid decision tonight. 

It was made well before the game had started. Don’t let that cloud judgment. 

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

OH MAN HE HAD TO WALK OFF THE MOUND IT'S SO EMBARRASSING!! 

What a problem that is.  Major league pitchers having to be pulled in the middle of an inning.  The horror!  

He actually got his glory doing it that way. It was a could have been, not a never was. 

Are you still ignoring that he threw 40 pitches on Thursday?  You are, aren't you?

Does it really matter a hell of a lot to David Hess?  Or are you just assuming that it does?  Has Hess said that he's upset?  

See, I knew it!:)

Just now, SteveA said:

I don't understand what that has to do with my question.,

You were clearly upset about him coming out after 6,.1.   But then you said let him finish the 7th,.   As if to imply that you wouldn't be upset about him coming out after 7?   I call BS on that.   All the people who disagree with the decision but then say things like "they should have let him finish the7th" like that would make a difference... I think those people would have been just as upset if he had been taken out after 7.

I didn’t say that and wasn’t upset by the decision really ...if, and this is a very big if, I was going to give him a shot at it, then I would have taken it to a max of 100-108 and only then if he was only still at 90-95 pitches through 8...if he got to 95 in the eighth I would have removed him too...or if there was a hit obviously or he tired in any fashion obviously. 

But frankly after being reminded by our manager in the presser of the two innings on Opening Day last Thursday...nope, I agree..it was fine...and I am happy with the win and his performance. 

My only point was everyone who said the 80 pitch limit was a total absolute limit might have felt differently if he was taken out in the ninth at 82 pitches.  But it was a great win, great performance....Go Os! 

What day is his side session day Moose?

1 minute ago, eddie83 said:

They can’t keep having short starts and an opener. No manager can make it work. Also Araujo first outing tonight. 

Alberto hasn’t played yet either. 

Alberto got a hit on opening day. 6.2 innings is not a short outing. 5.1 innings would be 80 pitches for a guy averaging 15 per inning.