Dylan Bundy 2019

Frobby

58 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Of the 7 singles, 4 were infield grounders where defense played a role, and one was a pop fly that Broxton broke back on and couldn’t catch.   Three poor defensive plays and two mediocre ones.   

Yes, his defense did him no favors. I thought up until the last inning he had great stuff. Very close to being a solid start.

8 minutes ago, Cy Bundy said:

It’s Bundy day, I’ve never felt so alive. Someone get Frobby on a 4pm flight to Seattle.

I was feeling that way about Bundy the first couple months of 2017.    He’s still my favorite pitcher on the team, and I’m glad he’s doing better now than earlier in the year, but I’ve pretty much given up on him becoming a TOR starter.   I’ll just be happy if he can approach league average.    He’ll still be fun to watch with his array of pitches.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Cy Bundy said:

I feel it all day long, every start, even in ST. I’ve got a case of the Bundy’s & it just won’t let me go. My family will text me excited for “Bundy day”, because they all know I’m fired up. If he stinks, it just means I need to love him more, I’m a lifer. 

❤️

You remind me of the Philly fans during the '10-12' seasons. "Every 5th day is a Halladay"

o

Over his last 7 starts combined, Bundy has 11 Walks and 46 Strikeouts over 39.67 Innings Pitched.

75% of the Outs that Bundy recorded (12 out of 16) came via the Strikeout and the Groundout.

16 OUTS:) 8 Strikeouts, 4 Groundouts, 2 Flyout, 2 Lineouts

DYLAN MATTHEW BUNDY ))))))) (vs. MARINERS, 6/20)

IP:ll5.33

H:ll7 )(2 Home Runs, 2 Doubles, 3 Singles)

R:lllll 4

BB:ll1

SO:ll8

Pitches: ll)99 )(64)Strikes, )35)Balls)

2019 ERA: ))4.59  ))  80.33 IP  (41 ER) 

2019 WHIP: ))1.295  ))  80.33 IP  (104 H/BB)

2019 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG: ).247 ) (77 for 312)

PITCHES BY INNING

17 ll(13 llStrikes, lll41 llBalls)

17 lll(11 llStrikes, lll61 llBalls)

91 lll(51 llStrikes, lll41 llBalls)

23 lll(13 llStrikes, l10 llllBalls)

14 lll(91 llStrikes, lll51 llBalls)

19 lll(13 llStrikes, lll61 llBalls) ) *

* )) Bundy recorded 1 out before departing in the 6th inning.

o

Fastball maxed out at 94.6 yesterday, averaged 92.5.    I watched the first three innings and thought he looked very good.    I guess he petered out a bit in the sixth.    

I feel like he’s tantalizingly close to being a good pitcher.   But he hasn’t quite been able to get over the hump.    

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

Fastball maxed out at 94.6 yesterday, averaged 92.5.    I watched the first three innings and thought he looked very good.    I guess he petered out a bit in the sixth.    

I feel like he’s tantalizingly close to being a good pitcher.   But he hasn’t quite been able to get over the hump.    

100% agreed.  

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

I wish I felt that way.  But I don't.  

o

This was Bundy's worst outing since April 11th, against the Athletics ........ today was worse, because in that game he at least rung up 8 Strikeouts against 0 Walks.

4 Free Passes (3 Walks and 1 Hit Batsman) in only 4 - PLUS Innings Pitched.

12 OUTS:) 4 Strikeouts, 4 Groundouts, 2 Foulouts, 1 Flyout, 1 Thrown Out Stealing Home

DYLAN MATTHEW BUNDY ))))))) (vs. PADRES, 6/26)

IP:lll4 - PLUS

H:llll 6 )(2 Home Runs, 4 Singles)

R:lllll 5

BB:ll) *

SO:ll4

Pitches: ll)94 )(63)Strikes, )31)Balls)

2019 ERA: ))4.91  ))  84.33 IP  (46 ER) 

2019 WHIP: ))1.340  ))  84.33 IP  (113 H/BB)

2019 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG: ).252 ) (83 for 329)

* )) Bundy also had 1 Hit Batsman

PITCHES BY INNING

17 ll(12 llStrikes, llll51 llBalls)

28 lll(16 llStrikes, ll12 llllBalls)

30 lll(20 llStrikes, ll10 llllBalls)

13 ll(11 llStrikes, llll21 llBalls)

61 ll(41 llStrikes, llll21 llBalls) ) **

** )) Bundy did not record any outs before departing in the 5th inning.

o