Susac traded for cash

eddie83

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, sportsfan8703 said:

How big of an impact has Sucre made on the pitching so far?  I think we can see he’s getting the most out of them. He came from a good organization that handled pitchers well. I’m sure he picked up on that. 

Hard to say at this point but so far I'm about as impressed as I can be with a player who won't hit much. Let's see if the shine wears off later in the season, but for now I'm not sure the last we saw a catching duo this defensively skilled. 

Sucre has never started more than 71 games behind the plate in his career. He's also never had a season where he got more than 198 plate appearances. He's 31 years old and we're a long way to the finish line. Don't expect too much from him.

22 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

How big of an impact has Sucre made on the pitching so far?  I think we can see he’s getting the most out of them. He came from a good organization that handled pitchers well. I’m sure he picked up on that. 

Sucre sounds like the kind of guy who becomes a good coach.  I’m sure he’d rather be with a contender but he wants to help these young and unproven arms get better.

4 minutes ago, Palmoripken said:

Sucre sounds like the kind of guy who becomes a good coach.  I’m sure he’d rather be with a contender but he wants to help these young and unproven arms get better.

I think he is going to be a real asset to the team even if he doesn’t hit. Besides we’re used to Caleb, it’s not a high bar for Sucre to pass offensively. 

Archived