Extend Mancini??

jrobb21613

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, jrobb21613 said:

With all the extensions recently got me thinking that maybe now would be  good time to Extend Mancini. What should we offer, what’s he worth, is now the right time for an extension?

I am not in favor of extending a right handed bat only player.

I guess if he'd sign for a deal for 4/8?

12 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I am not in favor of extending a right handed bat only player.

I guess if he'd sign for a deal for 4/8?

Regardless of how he hits?? I know he regressed a lot last year but he put up solid numbers offensively his rookie year and it looks like based off his early performance he’s righted the ship.

3 minutes ago, jrobb21613 said:

Regardless of how he hits?? I know he regressed a lot last year but he put up solid numbers offensively his rookie year and it looks like based off his early performance he’s righted the ship.

Sure, if he puts up insane numbers I'd be willing to look into it.

But as it currently stands his type of player isn't worth a lot on the open market.

5 minutes ago, mdbdotcom said:

Let the team we trade him to extend him.

Yeah but having him locked up at a decent deal might get him more value.  He is no Christian Yelich but the fact he was already signed and no arbitration question marks on future contract made him much more desirable to some teams.  

If he puts up decent first half I might kick the tires with his agent and see maybe similar to what Botte got.

4 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

Yeah but having him locked up at a decent deal might get him more value.  He is no Christian Yelich but the fact he was already signed and no arbitration question marks on future contract made him much more desirable to some teams.  

If he puts up decent first half I might kick the tires with his agent and see maybe similar to what Botte got.

I don't see how extending a RH hitting DH who will turn 31 before he's a free agent makes him more valuable.

Who is Botte?

5 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

bphfif4fed50aa3rarm1

Archived