Grayson Rodriguez 2019

WalkWithElias

30 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

Here is the aforementioned MLB park center field camera rankings. 

The Biloxi Brewers and Bradenton Pirates have the best straight on CF cameras in the MiLB. Hartford, Altoona, Colorado Springs, and Oklahoma City are also pretty straight on. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Note to O's: hire Josh Tomlin as a pitching coach when his MLB career is over.  

Have the O's ever had a 19 year old pitcher (other than Jim Palmer) who can touch mid 90's on his fastball and appears to have the makings of a good changeup?  

13 minutes ago, Ruzious said:

Note to O's: hire Josh Tomlin as a pitching coach when his MLB career is over.  

Have the O's ever had a 19 year old pitcher (other than Jim Palmer) who can touch mid 90's on his fastball and appears to have the makings of a good changeup?  

Bundy

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Luke-OH said:

It was a cutter, now it's a slider. Different pitch than before they took it away. 

I thought the movement was more like a slider. It always looked more like a slider to me. 

The movement was incredible. Maybe not as sharp but the lateral movement was tremendous. 

15 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

"Making of a good changeup" was the criteria.

They took away Bundy's Cutter in part to force him develop a change up. 

Got it. Yeah I thought they took it away because of organizational philosophy. 

I guess the philosophy could have been to force pitchers into developing the change though. 

Edited by higgybaby

He was showing the rust last night: 3.2 IP, 5 H, 2 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 5 K’s.    He threw 75 pitches, 51 for strikes.   

His outing had its share of weird stuff.    In the first inning, he walked the leadoff batter, struck out the next two, and the runner was caught stealing.   So, no balls put in play.   The second inning started with three consecutive singles, a wild pitch and a passed ball before any outs were recorded.   In the third inning, with a runner on 2B, the batter grounded into a 1-6-5-3 double play.    I believe what happened was the runner got caught between second and third, got tagged at or near 3B, and then the batter tried to advance to 2B during the rundown but Seamus Curran covered the base and the batter was thrown out there.