Grayson Rodriguez 2019

WalkWithElias

4 hours ago, Luke-OH said:

Good stuff @Tony-OH. Pretty similar to my thoughts. I've seen very good true sliders and true curveballs from Rodriguez in pre-draft and GCL video, so I'm not concerned that he lost shape on them yesterday. The only real distinction I'd make is that I'd say it's pretty difficult to put any type of grade on the curveball from that camera angle, they could have huge late depth and we wouldn't be able to see that. Also I'm pretty sure that a few of the fastballs to LHB were a different grip (2S/sinker) because they were a couple ticks slower than the rest and they had armside movement the others didn't have. 

Absolutely. It was funny, the behind pressbox view gave us the scorboard radar gun readings but the night before they used a behind the pitcher view. Now they just need to combine both for the perfect video! Still wish Frederick and Delmarva would have camera's Lexington does a real nice job and ashamed that our two A-ball teams don't.

On 4/6/2019 at 5:15 PM, Luke-OH said:

I wondered that as well, but Grayson said in an interview today that Josh Tomlin of the Braves (formerly the Indians) taught him the changeup grip and helped him work on the pitch in the offseason. 

Love it - Grayson's only started growing up as a pro pitcher but if you could put Tomlin's change and experience in Grayson's body, that could be dynamite.

No way. I want this kid, Hall and co. to season up and learn how to win. Honestly, has it missed everyone’s attention that the Shorebirds are stacked with high level prospects? They will grow together, win together and get called up together. No short cuts, 2022 remember?

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Luke-OH said:

Some good quotes from Justin Ramsey (Delmarva’s pitching coach and new hire).

https://www.milb.com/milb/news/grayson-rodriguez-strikes-out-10-for-delmarva-shorebirds/c-306218668

Good call - I was coming here with the same link.  A lot of quotes too, and you can hear a coherent signal behind all of them.  

Grayson's certainly leveled up to near Bundy Delmarva-ish heights for his next outings and as long as he stays hot.  2012 Bundy was 8 at Delmarva, 12 at Frederick, 3 at Bowie, but I would guess Frederick will be his ceiling this summer.  I think BA lets guys be on multiple league prospect lists if they have enough time in each - Rodriguez may have a shot to be among top Sally and Carolina League guys.

18 minutes ago, OrioleDog said:

Good call - I was coming here with the same link.  A lot of quotes too, and you can hear a coherent signal behind all of them.  

Grayson's certainly leveled up to near Bundy Delmarva-ish heights for his next outings and as long as he stays hot.  2012 Bundy was 8 at Delmarva, 12 at Frederick, 3 at Bowie, but I would guess Frederick will be his ceiling this summer.  I think BA lets guys be on multiple league prospect lists if they have enough time in each - Rodriguez may have a shot to be among top Sally and Carolina League guys.

Big difference is that the O’s were saving Bundy’s innings in a way they aren’t with Rodriguez.  Bundy threw 3, 3, 3, 4, 4, 3, 5, 5 innings at Delmarva.   Rodriguez has thrown 5 and 6 already.   

11 innings, 3 hits, 0 runs, 5 BB, 20 K’s — I’m digging it!    But I’ll worry about if/when he should get promoted if he’s still dominating in mid-May.    Two starts is still two starts.