Keep calm...we're not a good team

Bahama O's Fan

15 hours ago, Frobby said:

I think the pitching will stabilize.    I’ve seen worse Orioles rotations than Cobb/Cashner/Bundy/Hess/Straily.    The fact that we’ve had two bullpen games in the first 9 put a lot of undue stress on the pen.   We need to get Straily worked into a starting role, and we need Bundy to do better than 3.2 innings per start.   

Agreed... a lot of the early strain and bullpen overuse we've seen so far is simply April. The Orioles are far from the only team that have had starting pitchers sputter out of the gate this year and dump a lot of work on the bullpen.

• 1 month later...
On ‎4‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 6:40 AM, Bahama O's Fan said:

That is the reality of the situation. We have perhaps the least talented team in baseball right now. I was kinda hoping to win 2 games out of this first 9. We have four down already. Our pitching is REALLY REALLY BAD! Sadly, there are no young guys knocking the door down to get up here. Someone has to pitch the 1,458 innings (if we play no extras). We will give up a lot of runs. Hopefully, our offense can put a few up themselves and we can hang with some teams like we have done. This year is about player development and seeing who is a part of the organization long term. (which is why we need to move Davis and Trumbo off the team). So forget about the wins and losses (but enjoy the wins when we do) and watch the guys play ball. Also, I love ribbing Yankee fans whenever we have beat them or come close with things like "You guys must really suck if we beat your. We're the worst team in baseball and you almost lost to us. How bad are your Yankees this season"

Last night was another one of those that I got to tease my Yankee fan friends. "Man, you guys should have lost again to us tonight. Lucky for ya'll, we gave you the game back". We are a bad team. Keep calm. It's a long game. Praying and hoping it works.