Attendance 2019

Frobby

14 hours ago, orpheus100 said:

What would the attendance be If this were Memorial Stadium?

o

The Orioles had 22 out of 23 winning seasons at Memorial Stadium between 1963 and 1985.

They would often barely break 1 Million in attendance for the majority of that time, up until 1979.

They were much better teams, it was a much crappier stadium, and those were vastly different times for baseball teams and their fans throughout the entire Major Leagues ........ you may as well ask us all how would we all feel if we were Cincinnati Reds fans.

o

On 8/8/2019 at 9:34 AM, TonySoprano said:

This one wasn't advertised as it was a private event sponsored by my wife's company.   You had to get tickets directly from them and not the Orioles.  Once again, like the event last year with Eddie Murray, it was held on the 4th floor of the warehouse because of the rain.   Eshelman's Q&A lasted maybe 15 minutes.   They used to do 2-3 of these a year but not this year.  What a shame.

I know it was one of my must attend games. 

They are cutting back on the club level. Or Delaware North is. 

There was a carving station that is now gone. A register with multiple coolers is now gone and a bar they aren’t using. Also saw them close another concession stand early on Friday.  

Not good for fan service. 

On 8/5/2019 at 10:30 AM, Frobby said:

Based on trends the last three years, I’d guess slightly under 1.425 mm.   We do have a few attractive series left, but the overall trend is attendance/game over the final third of the season tends to lag the first two thirds by a little bit.   I doubt that will change with the O’s this far out of the race.    Right now they are 155,000 below the same point last year.    I’d guess they’ll end up between 1.35-1.40 mm.

To get to 1.4 million the Orioles would have to average  a little over 16,000 a game. They drew a little less then 18,000 against the Astros on a beautiful Sunday  in August. One more Dugout Club game in September against the Rangers. Three giveaways  left, a kids truck,blanket and T-shirt. Be real tough to get above 1.4 million. The games against the Royals may draw 10,000 or so. Also have midweek against the Blue Jays in September. A midweek in September last year against the Jays  drew  8,000 ,9,000 and 11.000  fans. A midweek last year in last August against the Jays drew 15,000,12,000 and 12,000 fans. The Royals should draw less..

Last year, in the Orioles last 16 games they  averaged around 14,200 a game. i did not want  to put in the Yankee weekend series in August, in the mix since they draw well on a weekend before school starts. The Orioles do play the Dodgers at home for the first time in a long time ,but it is during the week. Not sure if that will be any type of draw. The Orioles did get 26,000 and 25,000 for the last two games of the year in 2018. That was against Houston.. This year is the Mariners. I would say in yesterdays game there were around 25 to 30% Astro fans.

1 hour ago, Going Underground said:

To get to 1.4 million the Orioles would have to average  a little over 16,000 a game. They drew a little less then 18,000 against the Astros on a beautiful Sunday  in August. One more Dugout Club game in September against the Rangers. Three giveaways  left, a kids truck,blanket and T-shirt. Be real tough to get above 1.4 million. The games against the Royals may draw 10,000 or so. Also have midweek against the Blue Jays in September. A midweek in September last year against the Jays  drew  8,000 ,9,000 and 11.000  fans. A midweek last year in last August against the Jays drew 15,000,12,000 and 12,000 fans. The Royals should draw less..

Last year, in the Orioles last 16 games they  averaged around 14,200 a game. i did not want  to put in the Yankee weekend series in August, in the mix since they draw well on a weekend before school starts. The Orioles do play the Dodgers at home for the first time in a long time ,but it is during the week. Not sure if that will be any type of draw. The Orioles did get 26,000 and 25,000 for the last two games of the year in 2018. That was against Houston.. This year is the Mariners. I would say in yesterdays game there were around 25 to 30% Astro fans.

Only benefit of September Friday and Saturday games are less people on vacation. Sunday games dealing with Ravens conflicts. Last year was also a goodbye of sorts to Jones.  

Maybe they can get some low 20’s I know one thing I would be trying anything to get people in the building.  

• 2 weeks later...

o

3-Game Set vs. ROYALS ))))))) (August 19th, 20th, and 21st)

ll11,659 )l) (25% Full)

ll11,826 )l) (26% Full)

ll19,872 )l) (21% Full)

TOTAL lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll  33,357

3-GAME AVERAGElllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll 11,119 

o

3 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Wow, that’s terrible.    Surprised tonight’s crowd was so bad, Wednesday is usually better than Monday/Tuesday.    

Maybe the casual fan doesn't realize the importance of what is at stake between these two teams.  O's should have hyped up the battle for the second overall pick.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, OFFNY said:

o

3-Game Set vs. ROYALS ))))))) (August 19th, 20th, and 21st)

ll11,659 )l) (25% Full)

ll11,826 )l) (26% Full)

ll19,872 )l) (21% Full)

TOTAL lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll  33,357

3-GAME AVERAGElllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll 11,119 

o

o

Racing ........ but he's the only one in the race.

All alone up there, and ........ he got it.

o

• Like 1

Season ticket holder here. Been such since well before they started winning again. I've only been to a few games this year. Been selling them. I don't want to watch an awful product, especially one that doesn't have much on the major league roster that will be on the club when it starts winning again.

This club has *1* starting pitcher that is under 30 that is pitching well (John Means).

It has *1* relief pitcher under 30 that is pitching well (Hunter Harvey). Come to think of it, Hunter Harvey actually might be the only active reliever with an ERA under 4.

The thing is, I can watch a club that has some young, exciting talent and/or 1 particular facet (defense, offense, pitching) that is solid. But this club has absolutely nothing going for it as far as any specific vertical. They can't hit. They can't field. They don't run. They can't pitch (relief or start).

They're allowing over 6 runs a game.

They're barely scoring 4 runs a game.

Hyde doesn't particular instill any confidence in me during games nor in post game pressers. He's a warm body to me.

I mean, the only thing exciting to me this year is them potentially getting the first overall pick again next year. And that we have Elias and Sig running the ship. They're doing it right, but I don't blame people for not wanting to watch this disaster.

18 hours ago, dmvsports410 said:

Terrible attendance. I remember going to a cubs game when they stunk, and fans still showed up. I went to five games so far this season. 

There are 9.5 mm people in the Chicago metro area.    Even with two teams, that’s a lot.    You’re right, though, that they have a very loyal fan base.    The White Sox, on the other hand, are looking at their third straight year of attendance under 1.7 mm.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1