Roberts to the Dodgertown?

Elon Os Fan

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's what you get for not wearing a condom.

See my comment re: needless risk-attraction in life v. crazy risk-aversion in baseball. Story of my life. ;)

Kidding. I'm clean as a whistle. Hear that, Bikini? Clean as a whistle!

Though I'm pretty sure that a lot of folks around here could catch something nasty & viral with how free & easy with trades they are.

First of all, i want to say that our Dodgers guys that give us their input on here are welcome additions to the board.

I just started a poll about this but roncey and Dnoz, would you be ok with a McDonald, LaRoche and DeJesus deal for BRob?(and yes, I know you would prefer to trade Hu and not DeJesus but would it stop you from making the deal?)

If it is Hu, it is certainly something I would Du!

DeJesus is not a deal breaker because coming into 2008, Hu was about even with him in value. However, I think DeJesus has moved ahead of him in value.

Getting Roberts for 2B, allows me to okay with Hu playing shortstop and batting 8th for the next few years.

Not amazing. But lots of fun.

Remember, a number of very smart posters on this board really do think we could get LaRoche for Bradford. And it's awfully hard to know when a stranger is joking on the internet, especially when you're in a forum where you're not typically asked to read critically (the expectation is that people will say what they mean). I hope some of you laugh as much reading these as I do typing them. If no one does, I'll just stop it.

Life is short, so do what you need to do to make yourself laugh. No need to worry about what the rest of us might think.

Eh. I've got logorrhea. I just type. Thanks for your input today, btw. We've had some healthy, largely friendly, discussions on here. Must be Frobby's absence. That dude is poison.

Add an "N" at the appropriate point in that word, and you end up with another name for Tony Parker's Disease.

I hear there's been an outbreak in the Tampa-St. Petersburg area this summer.

(C'mon guys, I can't believe I'm the first to take a swing. Y'all are slipping...)

First of all, i want to say that our Dodgers guys that give us their input on here are welcome additions to the board.

I just started a poll about this but roncey and Dnoz, would you be ok with a McDonald, LaRoche and DeJesus deal for BRob?(and yes, I know you would prefer to trade Hu and not DeJesus but would it stop you from making the deal?)

I could live with that. I'd rather lose Hu, but giving up DeJesus to get Roberts would be just fine.

That article says the Phils are targeting Mahey and Donald is likely the piece to go back. If thats the case AM needs to call them about a possible trade for Sherrill.

The difference is that AM would want Donald, Rollins, and Hamel for Sherrill and then sit on the deal for 48 hours.:laughlol::laughlol::laughlol:

Odds and Ends: Roberts, Ohman, Kotsay, Eyre

By Tim Dierkes [July 30 at 1:52pm CST]

Rumor roundup...

ESPN's Buster Olney implies that another website backdates timestamps in an attempt to fake scoops. I was following the Mark Teixeira rumors like a hawk; I gave the scoop to ESPN's Jayson Stark with an assist to MLB.com's Lyle Spencer.

Joe Christensen says Orioles second baseman Brian Roberts is not available.

MLB.com's Mark Bowman guesses Will Ohman will land with the Cardinals. He also puts the odds of a Mark Kotsay deal at 50%.

With Mark Teixeira out of the picture, Diamondbacks GM Josh Byrnes doesn't expect to make any more trades.

Will Carroll says the Dodgers had a "passing discussion" with the Cubs about Scott Eyre and Ronny Cedeno.

Nothing cooking with the Royals.

From the Star-Tribune

Roberts trade no longer an option for Twins

Posted on July 30th, 2008 – 12:08 PM

By Joe Christensen

If the Twins trade for a second baseman to replace the injured Alexi Casilla, it won’t be Baltimore’s Brian Roberts, according to a person familiar with the situation.

The Twins talked to the Orioles about Roberts last winter, but this month, the O’s have told teams he’s not available.

As for the Kansas City’s Mark Grudzielanek, I’m not sure if the Twins will make a run at him or not.

For bullpen help, LaTroy Hawkins remains a distinct possibility. To make room for him, or any reliever, Twins might have to part with Boof Bonser or Brian Bass, who are out of options.

Two National League scouts have told me there is no doubt that Bonser would get claimed if the Twins tried to pass him through waivers. Teams with pitching issues (Rangers, Pirates, Royals, etc.) would take a chance on him turning it around at age 26. And Twins remain generally pleased with Bass, who has had ups and downs as a rookie.

Twins may or may not make a move, but I do know GM Bill Smith, assistant GM Rob Antony, senior adviser Terry Ryan and pro scouting coordinator Vern Followell have been huddled at the Metrodome all week. I’m sure there are countless scenarios we’re not hearing about, but we’ll continue to keep you posted.

Why isn't Roberts available? The more things change, the more they remain the same.
Mostly because teams won't give up similar value to what he's worth to us.

I doubt MacPhail hangs up the phone as soon as someone says the word "Roberts". If they want to have a discussion, he'll listen, but he's got a high price tag that he's, rightfully IMO, not budging from.

Mostly because teams won't give up similar value to what he's worth to us.

I doubt MacPhail hangs up the phone as soon as someone says the word "Roberts". If they want to have a discussion, he'll listen, but he's got a high price tag that he's, rightfully IMO, not budging from.

I don't have a problem with not trading him, but I read it as...' Roberts isn't going to be traded...don't bother calling about him.'

Why isn't Roberts available? The more things change, the more they remain the same.

Ain't that the truth. I think we can still build a team built around some core players like Nick, Jones, Wieters, but I just think its going to take longer than another year to do it. I don't see Roberts re-upping here if we aren't contending next year, and I'd rather get value for him now than taking a couple of draft picks when he leaves.

If he's willing to sign an extension, I think we should do it. I'm just not convinced he'd do it unless we gave him an obscene amount of money, and I don't want to do that either.

Archived