Roberts to the Dodgertown?

Elon Os Fan

Roncey...Do you see Kemp potentially being a 20-30 HR, 30-40 steals, .280 .380 guy?

In his Age 23 year he is going to put up all those numbers with the exception of perhaps 20 HRs, but he certainly could hit seven to ten HRs the rest of the way.

Kemp is on pace for .290 18 HRs 40 Doubles 85 Runs 87 RBIs and 35 SBs

The Dodgers offense is putrid, so in a good lineup his Runs and RBI numbers would be better.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think if a deal goes down that includes Kemp for Roberts its going to have to look something like this:

Roberts, Bradford & Reimold for Kemp, LaRoche, Luis Maza & Hu

That makes both teams better immediately as Maza can take over for Roberts at 2b, Hu goes to short, Kemp becomes our 3rd starting outfielder and LaRoche becomes the heir at 3b.

Reimold takes some of the sting off of losing Kemp for the Dogders, Bradford shores up their pen and Roberts significantly improves their offense and defense.

Anyone up for that deal or do we need to get back more you think?

I think if a deal goes down that includes Kemp for Roberts its going to have to look something like this:

Roberts, Bradford & Reimold for Kemp, LaRoche & Luis Maza

That makes both teams better immediately as Maza can take over for Roberts at 2b or play SS, Kemp becomes our 3rd starting outfielder and LaRoche becomes the heir at 3b.

Reimold takes some of the sting off of losing Kemp for the Dogders, Bradford shoes up their pen and Roberts significantly improves their offense and defense.

Anyone up for that deal or do we need to get back more you think?

No way the Dodgers do that. In a million years.

It's remarkably lopsided.

In a completely unscientific experiment, I asked three of my Dodgers fan friends in LA if they would do Roberts and Sherrill for Kemp, Hu, and LaRoche.

The response I got from ALL of them was this:

I would do Sherrill for Hu and LaRoche. I don't want to trade Kemp, despite how much I love Brian Roberts.

So there you have it. They would do Sherrill for Hu and LaRoche. So would I.

Remember that remarkably lopsided deal that the Mariners agreed to? Sometimes teams do dumb stuff...I'm not saying they should. I'm not even saying that they will. But, I wouldn't discount it by using logic. Not all GMs think that way.

Remember that remarkably lopsided deal that the Mariners agreed to? Sometimes teams do dumb stuff...I'm not saying they should. I'm not even saying that they will. But, I wouldn't discount it by using logic. Not all GMs think that way.

And now he added Hu!

Seriously...these suggestions are ridiculous.

That Bedard trade was positively even compared to the one bluedog is suggesting.

And now he added Hu!

That Bedard trade was positively even compared to the one bluedog is suggesting.

I think it's crazy...but I don't know that it's as crazy as the Bedard deal. Think about it. People would probably call Adam Jones for Bedard fair now. Add in an All Star closer, a stud AA starter, and 2 nice minor league pitchers...GMs do dumb stuff sometimes. Just keep your fingers crossed that AM can find another sucker.

I think one can argue Kemp is "more valuable" then Roberts, but not better!

I would argue that Roberts is much more valuable to the Orioles than Kemp would be. Kemp is clearly better than Scott, but not so much so that it would justify the huge, smoking crater that would be left at 2B.

I might question Kemp's superior value to the Dodgers if Kent's back problems worsen.

I'm not a believer in LaRoche and certainly not Hu. From the standpoint of the Orioles needs, the Dodgers just don't match up well with us at all IMO, if Roberts is part of the deal.

And now he added Hu!

When I edited that post to add Hu, I meant to swap Sherrill for Bradford.

So how do you feel about:

Sherrill, Roberts & Reimold for Kemp, LaRoche, Hu and Maza?

Roberts + Reimold = Kemp + Maza

Sherrill = Hu + LaRoche

?

Okay how about:

Sherrill, Roberts & Reimold for Kemp, LaRoche, Hu and Maza?

Roberts + Reimold = Kemp + Maza

Sherrill = Hu + LaRoche

?

I don't think the Dodgers trade Kemp AND LaRoche in the same deal. That said, it will certianly require Roberts AND Sherill. But I don't think you'd get much else. And I'm not sure how much the Ds would value Reimold. But that's a heckuva lot closer.

I would argue that Roberts is much more valuable to the Orioles than Kemp would be. Kemp is clearly better than Scott, but not so much so that it would justify the huge, smoking crater that would be left at 2B.

I might question Kemp's superior value to the Dodgers if Kent's back problems worsen.

I'm not a believer in LaRoche and certainly not Hu. From the standpoint of the Orioles needs, the Dodgers just don't match up well with us at all IMO, if Roberts is part of the deal.

And Kemp is a much more valuable player to the Dodgers than Brian Roberts would be. Kent is a shell of his former self. Roberts would be a definite upgrade, but not at the expense of one of the Dodgers' best players.

Archived