No deals per Olney

letgoflyers5

I will take that bet. They may be in that line, but no way are they at the head of that line and no way we pull that trade off.

How about something to support such a statement or put IMO after it. You act as if you are AM. He is the only one who knows for sure!

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just cannot believe we did not receive a single offer worth taking. While MacPhail made two great trades this offseason, he is too gunshy for my taste. I know you can't give Roberts away for uncertain value, but no reason we shouldn't have shipped out Sherrill or Huff.

No takers for Huff, not enough in return for Sherrill. You can blame MacPhail if you want, though.

What time is the official deadline again? This is unbelievable that NOBODY is being traded by us. I will give them August, but if by then no trades have been done, Payton should be released and Reimold should get the majority of time in LF, with Scott DHing.

I just cannot believe we did not receive a single offer worth taking. While MacPhail made two great trades this offseason, he is too gunshy for my taste. I know you can't give Roberts away for uncertain value, but no reason we shouldn't have shipped out Sherrill or Huff.

All week there had been reportedly no interest in Huff im sure if there was AM would have looked into it as for Sherrill it seems to me the market was pretty much set at one Mid level prospect for a closer of his value

How about something to support such a statement or put IMO after it. You act as if you are AM. He is the only one who knows for sure!

How about something to support the case in the other direction? You do realize that most things that people say on here are opinions right?? You are saying yourself that he is the only one that knows for sure....so tell me what makes you so much smarter than me?? Do you know him? Do you have inside information? Don't tell me to back up my opinion when there is no way that you can back up yours in the other direction.

Another thing. Don't tell me to put IMO at the end of my statement. I know when to put IMO at the end of my statement. How about you get to 200 posts before you start telling people how to post on here.

I can guarantee this as it's probably no consolation, but the teams that should have made deals with the Orioles will be viewed as the losers. Philly hasn't done anything besides add Blanton, and that hasn't helped them much. The Mets have done zip...

The Cardinals desperately need bullpen help as do the Brewers to make a run at the Cubs, and they've done zip in that dept.

We'll see how far holding on to those prospects gets those teams...

Meanwhile the Orioles will hang onto their AS closer and should have been AS second baseman...

What time is the official deadline again? This is unbelievable that NOBODY is being traded by us. I will give them August, but if by then no trades have been done, Payton should be released and Reimold should get the majority of time in LF, with Scott DHing.

Payton should be released now. We will not get anything of value for him IMO.

Extremely disheartening and disappointing.

Agreed, to a point. Let's see what gets done and for what. It appears this year's market inefficiency could be teams overvaluing their prospects and refusing to deal many of them regardless of the price. look at the returns for nady and others. So far it has been a pretty lousy year to be a seller.

Payton should be released now. We will not get anything of value for him IMO.

Payton will be an August trade as will Walker and Hernandez. There's no reason to get antsy there.

Look at MacPhail's track record. He makes the majority of his trades in August.

Bradford is the only guy I question though, as I don't think he'll get through waivers. In fact I bet teams know the Orioles are going to try to do that so that's why they aren't going to trade for him now so they don't have to give up anything of significance...

Archived