No deals per Olney

letgoflyers5

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I highly doubt you'll see many deals come the offseason.

I just cannot believe we did not receive a single offer worth taking. While MacPhail made two great trades this offseason, he is too gunshy for my taste. I know you can't give Roberts away for uncertain value, but no reason we shouldn't have shipped out Sherrill or Huff.

I just cannot believe we did not receive a single offer worth taking. While MacPhail made two great trades this offseason, he is too gunshy for my taste. I know you can't give Roberts away for uncertain value, but no reason we shouldn't have shipped out Sherrill or Huff.
Theres an obvious reason we shouldn't have shipped out Huff that you are clearly missing.

Nobody wants him. And certainly nobody wants to give up legit good prospects for him.

I beg to differ. I would bet money J.J. Hardy is going to be traded and the Orioles should be at the head of the line...

I completely agree. JJ Hardy is a great SS and we should be fighting to get him this offseason.

I highly doubt you'll see many deals come the offseason.

Agreed. I doubt that we trade Roberts and he is really our last big trade chip. I don't think a player like Sherill will get as much in the off season as he would get o a contending ball club right now. Not much going on in the minors as far as MI help either so I guess it is time to throw some money at another overpriced FA to play shortstop until we can develop one. Exactly how we got Millar, Huff, Hernandez and Baez on this team. This all sounds too familiar to me.

I beg to differ. I would bet money J.J. Hardy is going to be traded and the Orioles should be at the head of the line...

I will take that bet. They may be in that line, but no way are they at the head of that line and no way we pull that trade off.

I guess if your definition of gunshy is fleecing two GM's for 10 solid to studly prospects, resulting in one of them being fired and the other on the brink of, then yeah he must be gunshy.

Give me a break. He obviously hasn't gotten any offers he thought were worth it. Do you want to ship players of just to say we shipped them off? The names McPhail not Thrift!!

Archived