Keon Broxton acquired and more (DFA Broxton- Claimed by Mariners))

Legend_Of_Joey

3 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Why's that interesting?  He's terrible.  Hess is gonna be out of here quickly, too.

For the reason I just said, which is that Hyde was just noting how he has no SP depth. Yefry made 12 starts last year and is only 25 and has options. I'm not defending his ability as a pitcher, nor am I griping about his DFA, I just think there are some other candidates to get the axe first. 

But ultimately, he was DFA-bound at some point, probably. 

2 minutes ago, interloper said:

For the reason I just said, which is that Hyde was just noting how he has no SP depth. Yefry made 12 starts last year and is only 25 and has options. I'm not defending his ability as a pitcher, nor am I griping about his DFA, I just think there are some other candidates to get the axe first. 

IMO, there's depth...to me, depth means guys that can add positively.  

You can find guys who can eat innings and not give you a chance to win each day.  IMO, that's Ramirez, Hess, Strailey, etc.  That's not "depth."  That's throwing guys out there just to play out the string.

33 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Is that a typo on Connolly's part?   Chandler Shepherd was DFA'd by the Red Sox 5 days ago.   Did the Cubs claim him and immediately waive him?  

Not a typo, the Cubs also designated him.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/05/orioles-acquire-keon-broxton-claim-chandler-shepherd.html

What's odd is that Chandler got by the Orioles five days ago, but not today.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Enjoy Terror said:

Not a typo, the Cubs also designated him.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/05/orioles-acquire-keon-broxton-claim-chandler-shepherd.html

What's odd is that Chandler got by the Orioles five days ago, but not today.

Yefry hadn't stunk it up Sunday in Cleveland yet.

Although you wouldn't think this management would be making decisions based on such a small sample size.

1 minute ago, interloper said:

Well he's 29, so he's not going to be here for the long haul. Pure stop gap until Hays is ready, basically. 

I suspect you're right, but I don't think Mullins will be either and it's time to start weeding the garden.  If Broxton withers, throw him away too.

6 minutes ago, interloper said:

Interesting that it wasn't Rickard.

2 minutes ago, theocean said:

Interesting that it wasn't Rickard.

The moves today (Cobb to 60 day, Ramirez DFA) were to get the two new guys on the **40** man roster.   Neither of those guys was on teh 25 man roster (Cobb was on the 10 day IL, and Ramirez got sent down a day or two ago).

Whenever Broxton can get to town, he will be added to the **25** man major league roster, and someone will have to go off the 25.   So that is the shoe that has yet to drop, and it could be Rickard to Norfolk.   Or Lucas.   Or ???