Yefry Ramirez Traded

Greg Pappas

2 hours ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Could of slipped him through and got him to Norfolk, to clear up a 40 spot.

He was never going to slip through.  25 year old,  successful at AA and AAA.   Has an option left.  Most teams are looking for pitching.

41 minutes ago, wildcard said:

He was never going to slip through.  25 year old,  successful at AA and AAA.   Has an option left.  Most teams are looking for pitching.

And the Pirates are still looking. Ramirez made it through all the way through the American League, And probably halfway through the National League before the pirates got him. I wouldn’t call that bountiful confidence in his potential.

1 hour ago, Philip said:

And the Pirates are still looking. Ramirez made it through all the way through the American League, And probably halfway through the National League before the pirates got him. I wouldn’t call that bountiful confidence in his potential.

I thought we traded him through the Pirates.   Don't think that he ever got to waivers.  When you DFA someone there is a specific period you have to try to trade them BEFORE the waivers take place.

1 hour ago, Philip said:

Ramirez did not go through waivers.  The O's traded him instead.   The Pirates wanted him so bad they out bid the other 29 teams to get him.

3 minutes ago, SteveA said:

I thought we traded him through the Pirates.   Don't think that he ever got to waivers.  When you DFA someone there is a specific period you have to try to trade them BEFORE the waivers take place.

I did not know that, thank you for the clarification. I thought that when he was DFA-ed, He instantly went on waivers, which was a 10 day period during which he could be traded while going through the waiver process.

So you’re saying that when he’s designated there is a period of time only for trading or not trading, after which he goes to the waiver process?

That kind of begs the question of why didn’t we get more if they wanted him so bad? It also begs the question of why in God’s name did they want him so bad?