Who do you want the Orioles to pick at 1-1?

Frobby

Who do you want the Orioles to pick at 1-1?  

172 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want the Orioles to pick at 1-1?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/03/19 at 22:55

This was a tough choice, and I'd be happy with Adley, Witt, or even Abrams, but I went with Witt.  There's a part of me deep down that is terrified of drafting a catcher 1-1.  Abrams has the most intrigue for me, though. 

13 minutes ago, joelala said:

This was a tough choice, and I'd be happy with Adley, Witt, or even Abrams, but I went with Witt.  There's a part of me deep down that is terrified of drafting a catcher 1-1.  Abrams has the most intrigue for me, though. 

I pick Adley as I think that the way they will go. I’m worried Witt won’t hit enough

8 hours ago, Frobby said:

Holding kids back at a young age to help them in sports is pretty common practice in that part of the country.   

Is it really helping when we know he's basically a college freshman playing against high school kids?  I guess if he still goes in the top 2-3 picks...

Witt’s not that old. September kids are typically the oldest in the class so really they just held him back by three months. He’d be one of the younger freshmen if he was in college.

Bet they probably wouldn’t have if he was born a couple weeks earlier. Turning 19 before you graduate H.S. can be embarrassing for some people. Wouldn’t want it for my kid. 

8 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

Witt’s not that old. September kids are typically the oldest in the class so really they just held him back by three months. He’d be one of the younger freshmen if he was in college.

Bet they probably wouldn’t have if he was born a couple weeks earlier. Turning 19 before you graduate H.S. can be embarrassing for some people. Wouldn’t want it for my kid. 

My daughter is a September kid and we are trying to decide whether to have her be one of the youngest or one of the oldest in her class.

1 minute ago, Luke-OH said:

My daughter is a September kid and we are trying to decide whether to have her be one of the youngest or one of the oldest in her class.

It’s a tough one. If I had a boy I would lean towards the latter. But with a girl, the decision might have to be more academic based. Girls’ brains tend to mature faster as well, so there is that to consider.