David Ortiz Shot in Dominican Republic

bpilktree

On 6/10/2019 at 9:02 PM, Moose Milligan said:

Yeah, I dunno why you'd roll your eyes at that.  I mean, I know you're trying to be cool.  But if the Orioles had a guy like that, I'd hope Elias would send a plane for him.

Me too.   The Red Sox did right by him.   

I heard that there is evidence that $8k was offered for a hit on the big guy. According to this report it was $400K.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/david-ortiz-s-suspected-gunman-arrested-video-shows-coordinated-attempt-n1016956

There were apparently two groups involved. One group was there for surveillance and they called in the second....the hitman on the motorcycle. I'm sure the story will change as more facts filter in, but everything seems to point to a sophisticated hit on Ortiz. 

It seems he may have made some bad choices in regards to post-baseball associates.

1 minute ago, Rich Mac said:

I heard that there is evidence that $8k was offered for a hit on the big guy. According to this report it was $400K.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/david-ortiz-s-suspected-gunman-arrested-video-shows-coordinated-attempt-n1016956

There were apparently two groups involved. One group was there for surveillance and they called in the second....the hitman on the motorcycle. I'm sure the story will change as more facts filter in, but everything seems to point to a sophisticated hit on Ortiz. 

It seems he may have made some bad choices in regards to post-baseball associates.

Correction....it was 400,000 DR Pesos which equates to $8000 USD.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

WTF, who'd order a hit out on him?  Unless he's got some shady business dealings.  

Exactly. At first I thought it might be a pissed off husband after him, but those guys usually just grab a gun and do the job themselves. So far, this reeks of something nefarious.

Anyhow, I think I'm judging at this point and it's too early to judge. Just gotta wait to see what transpires.Or it could just be Verizon wanting revenge for their phone...David-Ortiz-Smashes-Phone-With-Bat-After

On 6/10/2019 at 10:01 PM, atomic said:

I am sure if they helped a kid in A ball with his rent you would have issues with that as well.  

Now you are trolling him. He has been steadfast in his support of underpaid minor leaguers. Stop it. 

2 hours ago, weams said:

I have no reason to believe that David Ortiz ever tried to throw a World Series or that he made a deal to. 

I was just kidding around.   He certainly didn't play as if he was throwing the WS.

I suspect the police know a lot more than they're saying publicly right now.    People don't put out hit jobs on other people just because they smashed a dugout telephone.

17 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I was just kidding around.   He certainly didn't play as if he was throwing the WS.

I suspect the police know a lot more than they're saying publicly right now.    People don't put out hit jobs on other people just because they smashed a dugout telephone.

No. They don't not even inexpensive hits. No one ever paid 8k to have me killed. And yeah. 

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

The rumor going around is it is over an affair with a drug dealer's wife

9 minutes ago, Babypowder said:

The rumor going around is it is over an affair with a drug dealer's wife

“Why would somebody just want to kill David Ortiz?? He’s the most likeable former Dominican superstar who’s back in his home country. That doesn’t make any sense to me. Even though foreign countries are dangerous, superstars don’t just get shot for no reason.” -- Doug Gottlieb