Orioles Job Opportunity

weams

On 6/13/2019 at 2:55 PM, wildbillhiccup said:

I think you need to chill out a bit. No one is wishing him dead. Your stereotyping/judging an entire country (the DR) based on a single shooting incident is much more disturbing then the "send Brady" comments. 

There was also a woman who was raped and nearly beaten to death while at an all-inclusive resort, and another who reported she drank bleach out of a sealed soda at the mininbar.  There is a third couple suing saying they were poisoned from pesticides.  That's not including the Maryland couple dying from mysterious circumstances.  

Right now there is something going on that clearly needs to be investigated with that hotel chain.  But it's definitely an area I would be avoiding until further notice.  

4 hours ago, ThomasTomasz said:

There was also a woman who was raped and nearly beaten to death while at an all-inclusive resort, and another who reported she drank bleach out of a sealed soda at the mininbar.  There is a third couple suing saying they were poisoned from pesticides.  That's not including the Maryland couple dying from mysterious circumstances.  

Right now there is something going on that clearly needs to be investigated with that hotel chain.  But it's definitely an area I would be avoiding until further notice.  

The murder rate in the DR has actually declined significantly from 2012 to 2017. It's dropped from 22.1 to 14.9 (per 100,000). In 2018 the homicide rate in Baltimore was 56.0. Does that help to put things into perspective? 

On 6/13/2019 at 10:52 AM, Redskins Rick said:

Thats not even the slightest bit remotely funny.

Wasnt even suggesting that I wished Brady dead.  I was suggesting that the further away from the warehouse, the better.  As for not being able to pay me enough to go there: There is something seriously screwed up with a country where Yordano Venture gets in a car accident and instead of helping him, someone steals his jewelry and leaves him for dead.  And dont tell me it is because it is a poor country.  There are countries all over the world who are poor and people would ban together to help others out any way they could.  

On 6/15/2019 at 9:52 AM, sevastras said:

Wasnt even suggesting that I wished Brady dead.  I was suggesting that the further away from the warehouse, the better.  As for not being able to pay me enough to go there: There is something seriously screwed up with a country where Yordano Venture gets in a car accident and instead of helping him, someone steals his jewelry and leaves him for dead.  And dont tell me it is because it is a poor country.  There are countries all over the world who are poor and people would ban together to help others out any way they could.  

Understood.

I think Elias is strong enough to know how to do his job, and it still remains to be seen, how much influence Brady had with the previous regime which is all gone.

• 4 months later...

I’m surprised nobody has posted this so far,

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/10/job-openings-baltimore-orioles-baseball-operations.html

A bunch of job openings. New strength and Conditioning person, bye Brady. 

A position called “Baseball Analytics Fellow”. That sounds like a dude that just uses analytics, we got some of those here. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I’m surprised nobody has posted this so far,

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/10/job-openings-baltimore-orioles-baseball-operations.html

A bunch of job openings. New strength and Conditioning person, bye Brady. 

A position called “Baseball Analytics Fellow”. That sounds like a dude that just uses analytics, we got some of those here. 

JOB TITLE:  Scout, Southwest Region                                                                                            
DEPARTMENT: Domestic Scouting
JOB SUMMARY: This position will require applicant to identify and evaluate amateur prospects in the Southwest region of the United States in preparation for the First-Year Player Draft, in addition to other assigned scouting duties.  This position will report through the Domestic Scouting department and work closely with all types of baseball operations personnel. Position will also require a heavy focus on Pro Scouting Coverage. Relocation to the greater Phoenix area will be required.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: 
Primary duties to include, but not limited to, the following:
  • Compose scouting reports on draft eligible players
  • Perform and execute Pro Scouting coverage as assigned
  • Build relationships with players and families of players
  • Build & maintain relationships with programs/coaches in the region
  • Assess player’s makeup through personal interviews
  • Plan and organize workouts for organization to evaluate players
  • Maintain area schedule and prioritize top prospects for crosscheckers
  • Utilize video, scouting information, & technology to enhance decision making on players
  • Collect video on draft eligible players and upload to video system
  • Represent Orioles organization in a professional manner

QUALIFICATIONS:
Required:
  • Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
  • Ability to work long hours, evenings, weekends, and holidays, often in adverse outdoor conditions
  • Ability to own and operate a vehicle and travel extensively
  • Strong ability to self-motivate, self-organize, and attention to detail
  • Exceptional communication skills
  • High computer and internet proficiency
  • Strong baseball knowledge

Desired:
  • At least 3 years’ experience from a variety of backgrounds, which can include:  Scouting, Coaching, Education, Business, or other fields.
  • Prior playing experience