Chris Waters

steveox

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wonder if Ramon will get any credit for getting Waters through this game.

Naaaaaaahhhh...

While I agree some people bash Ramon, excessively, some of it is deserved.

Bottom line is though, catchers pitch selection is a suggestion. The pitcher should always have the final say.

This is another case in point that when pitchers execute, it makes everyone look good. While Ramon has been bad thsi year, alot of our starters just have not executed.

Good for Waters...

The sheriff is coming in .......

I wonder if Ramon will get any credit for getting Waters through this game.

Naaaaaaahhhh...

I was thinking this as well. Not just Waters tonight, but really the past week and a half or so.

Congrats to Waters, this is one of those nights where you just love to be a baseball fan. This has to be a dream come true for soon to be 28 year old Chris Waters who has been in the minors for several years. After finally getting a shot, due to an injury to Penn, he makes the most of it and turns in arguably one of the best pitching performances for the O's this season. I love this game!

Do you guys remember that Budweiser dog. Was it Spudd Mcgee?

My brother had a picture of his surfing with sunglasses on.......reminded me of Chris Waters beaut tonight.

Think it was Spuds McKenzie :laughlol:

1 Hit through 8 in 104 pitches .... I dont get it !

This is freakin ridiculous. Couldn't the Orioles use a real feel-good story like this? Why not give Waters a shot at completing the 1-hit shutout? If he gives up a baserunner or two in the 9th and looks like he's derailing, then fine - take him out.

It would be one thing if Sherrill had been lights out lately, but he hasn't. And you know Sherrill is going to put runners on in the 9th anyway.

It just makes absolutely no sense to me. Maybe he's worried he'll end up like Olson the other night - I dunno. But still - this angers me to no end.

Archived