Chris Waters

steveox

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guy looks like he is throwing batting practice...He was pretty awful in AAA and that was in a hitters park.

If he gets more than this start, there is something wrong.

What game are you watching?!?!?!

If this is batting practice, I think you'd have a pissed off lineup.

Guy looks like he is throwing batting practice...He was pretty awful in AAA and that was in a hitters park.

If he gets more than this start, there is something wrong.

Seriously...a 1 hitter through 4 against the best team in the majors?

What game are you watching?!?!?!

If this is batting practice, I think you'd have a pissed off lineup.

I honestly am only half paying attention but I am not seeing anything that wows me and his track record says he isn't good...there is a reason for that.

I honestly am only half paying attention but I am not seeing anything that wows me and his track record says he isn't good...there is a reason for that.

Still seething over the "A" team vs. the "B" team? ;)

His stuff isn't overpowering, thats for sure. He is what he is...and he's exceeded expectations tonight.

Thorne is right, it's not uncommon to see someone come up and have a good first ML start...seems like we're always on the short end of that. Nice to see the tables turned, for once.

Why? Because he is left handed, white, is a male and plays baseball?

:D

Basically, yeah.

But other than that, he seems to have a better feel for his offspeed pitches than I would have expected. His fastball is very mediocre, but he mixes it up very effectively... or at least he has up until this point.

Mid 80s fastball? Has he touched higher than that?

He is about to go through the lineup for a third time.

I actually don't think he should go back out there but if I were DT, i would have someone warming in the pen and as soon as anyone gets on in the 6th(if someone does), i would pull him.

Archived