Life choices and other whatnot

11 minutes ago, atomic said:

That can't be right.  You are saying the Stanford graduate average 40k a year for their first 20 years out of college?  No way.  They must be including the cost of attending.  I graduated in the 90's and my first job out of college I got over 40k a year.  And I certainly didn't go to Standford. Made $77k 1 year out of college.

Yeah I do believe they deduct the cost of attendance.  Nonetheless you can add $250K to stanfords number and $120K to Auburn's number and it's more or less accurate for salary.  It really doesn't change the outcome though.  That 2.3 million, properly invested over 20 years, will crush about 90% of the returns from staying in school.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, TheOtherRipken said:

Being on a minor league team full of similar aged folks isn’t fun?

No! It is only fun to live in a dorm room with a roomate, have communal bathrooms with everyone on your hall, and do homework! you know that!

1 hour ago, TheOtherRipken said:

Being on a minor league team full of similar aged folks isn’t fun?

I always have said that baseball is not a career and that the minor league kids should hold off on marriage and families. But the youngsters I see in the minor leagues sure do have their devoted fan sections. 

36 minutes ago, Yardball85 said:

No! It is only fun to live in a dorm room with a roomate, have communal bathrooms with everyone on your hall, and do homework! you know that!

Some of these kids could use use some college, to brush up on what they have never learned in K-12 But that is another theme entirely. Many of these children would not be prepared to maximize a college experience. 

Archived