Bradford traded to Tampa Bay for player to be named later

Tony-OH

No, I think that no team was offering anything because they anticipated that we'd be trying to pass him through waivers, so why not just claim him and work something out in August?

Keep in mind, though, that TB was one of the last teams to have a shot at Bradford, so it's not like teams were clamoring for him.

Yeah...but he still had to go through the National League, so there could have been teams over there that might have claimed him.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes...it is early!

I'm really hopeful that we'll get back someone who is more than just a fringe prospect. Bradford has been really good this year, and there's no indication that he's going to slow down.

Exactly. Some people on here are acting as if Bradford was a Julio or Hawkins. We all know how important a consistant bullpen is. The best hitters or even starters don't help if your bullpen sucks.

Exactly. Some people on here are acting as if Bradford was a Julio or Hawkins. We all know how important a consistant bullpen is. The best hitters or even starters don't help if your bullpen sucks.

Again I dont know if there is any way he yields Brignac. But with AM I am sure its not a salary dump. AM makes trades by his own admission that improve their club now & ours later. Saving 3.5 million doesn't improve our club by 1/1000 as theres no guarantee that the money will be spent on another player. We are not a organization that has to get rid of arguably one of its best bullpen guys to dump salary.

Here's my position for the record ...so if I'm wrong I can eat the crow later. The Orioles will get a good player in return later. Will it be a prospect like Brignac or one of their other top 15 guys will remain to be seen. Will it be Gomes??? Gomes may be placed on waivers as we speak to complete the deal. I dont really like the move as Gomes hasn't hit ML pitching all that well & the OF is one of the O's lone strengths.

Again I dont know if there is any way he yields Brignac. But with AM I am sure its not a salary dump. AM makes trades by his own admission that improve their club now & ours later. Saving 3.5 million doesn't improve our club by 1/1000 as theres no guarantee that the money will be spent on another player. We are not a organization that has to get rid of arguably one of its best bullpen guys to dump salary.

Here's my position for the record ...so if I'm wrong I can eat the crow later. The Orioles will get a good player in return later. Will it be a prospect like Brignac or one of their other top 15 guys will remain to be seen. Will it be Gomes??? Gomes may be placed on waivers as we speak to complete the deal. I dont really like the move as Gomes hasn't hit ML pitching all that well & the OF is one of the O's lone strengths.

I still don't get the obsession with Brignac. I know he's a pretty touted prospect, but his numbers suggest he needs plenty more time to me... and he might take a long while to really adjust to ML pitching. If he ever does.

allstar, do you think the other teams would block the return player to the lowly O's though? I think we might find out who the player is sooner than later unless it is a list AM wants to scout the rest of the year. I hope something leaks on this soon.
Obviously.

Start studying the Rays 40 man roster, because this person is on there and won't pass through waivers. Hence why its a PTBNL. We'll find out after the season.

Possiblities:

RHP Jae Kuk Ryu

LHP Kurt Birkins

LHP James Houser

RHP Jeff Niemann

RHP Mitch Talbot

C John Jaso

SS Reid Brignac

3B Joel Guzman

SS Elliot Johnson

OF Fernando Perez

OF Justin Ruggiano

OF Jonny Gomes

These are all the guys that are on the 40 man but not on the 25 man, except for David Price who is as untouchable as they come...

Archived