Mancini Drawing Interest

wildcard

3 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

The rest of their farm sucks! My point is that you dont trade with them! If they want Mancini bad enough to include Hoerner you do the deal. If not you dont trade Mancini or look for a farm with more talent

I don't think Mancini is going to get you a player you think is going be good enough. 

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, atomic said:

I don't think Mancini is going to get you a player you think is going be good enough. 

It's not just getting Hoerner for Trey. I'd be asking for him because that's really all they have. The Cubs and Red Sox since they seem to be in hot conversation about trade speculation in the media have weak systems. It's pretty similar to why the Os couldn't get a deal done for anybody good when they were competitive a few years ago. 

Trey is not a rental, he is young, cheap, and under control for a long time. You don't just trade him to a team whose farm is at or near the bottom for a few of their never will be guys. 

If you were dealing with the Braves you don't ask for their top guy. Or even a top 5 guy in their system. 

In the deal I mentioned, he's probably the only guy that amounts to anything more than a fringe major leaguer.  So if you can't get a guy that will help in the future then why trade him? To help another team out? To move his salary? The payroll is low enough and the product sucks with him. There is no need to trade one f the few marketable peaces we have for a  handful of lottery tickets. Again, Besides Hoerner that all the Cubs have.

Finally, most of you guys are down on Trey's value, His WAR is affected by the fact that he's not a good OF. But as I've mentioned in other posts, he's a 1st Baseman that you are playing at COF. Davis is the reason that another team doesn't have.

22 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

0vfS_so3.jpg

Rosenthal’s main point was that Mancini provides more value for the Orioles than another team, right now. Moving Manny Machado, Jonathan Schoop, and others last season was about collecting depth and adding to a near-depleted farm system. With Mike Elias deeply involved in the international market now, a huge first draft under his belt, and improvements seen up and down the system among top prospects already in the system, the Orioles no longer need to move pieces just to move pieces and acquire bodies.

Letters

7 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

You don't have to do that anymore.

The most valuable potential summer trade piece on the roster is surely outfielder Trey Mancini, a player examined not long back by MLBTR’s Mark Polishuk. Elias largely reiterated his previously stated stance on Mancini, calling him “a very big part of the future of this team” while reiterating that the team is “in a position in our competitive cycle where we need to be open to anything that comes our way.”

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/baltimore-orioles

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/8/2019 at 7:18 PM, Can_of_corn said:

Nope, I expect Mancini would be a LOT worse than Sisco back there.

I think it takes a lot of talent, skill and hard work to be a poor defensive catcher in the majors.

I actually agree with you wholly.

And I think that "disaster catcher' can be much worse than Mike Piazza D. A real disaster catcher will lose most games by himself and destroy morale.

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Doesn’t seem like there is too much of a market for a trade. Maybe teams that were sellers a few weeks ago are buyers now?  SF, Clev?  Someone would have to see him as a COF. 

I agree, but there's a few days left and something could happen quickly at the end.  Ultimately though, I don't think we end up trading Mancini.  And if we do, I think we'd all be pretty happy with the return.

33 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I agree, but there's a few days left and something could happen quickly at the end.  Ultimately though, I don't think we end up trading Mancini.  And if we do, I think we'd all be pretty happy with the return.

Yeah ....I agree with last minute. I still think Givens goes and an infielder. I thought it would be Villar. But maybe a surprise like Alberto instead. 

Archived