vs. D-RAYS, 7/12

OFFNY

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

Villar does a lot better playing 2B, though he's made plenty of errors (6) there. He's just not a ML-quality SS. I think a new team could cut down on his baserunning gaffes by telling him not to steal or try for extra bases on his own. I think 's Hyde's promotion of aggressiveness on the bases has backfired with Villar.

Villar has minimal trade value. You can’t coach “sloppy” and Villar is sloppy. Beckham is sloppy. Guys who are sloppy and talented have reasonable careers only because people keep giving them chances, and they regret having given them those chances.

Villar was a perfect player for the 110-loss Astros, and sadly he is a perfect player for us.

But trade value? Ha.

10 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Another awful route. Pathetic. 

I think it was the first inning when Smith took what appeared to be a 90 degree route to a ball that went for a double. He broke directly back towards the wall and suddenly noticed the ball 50 feet to his left and took that 99 degree turn towards the ball. If I saw it correctly, it’s just about the worst possible route to the ball one can take.

8 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

If there aren't atleast a couple of roster moves tomorrow, then all the talk about wanting players who hustle and don't make mental mistakes is really laughable, especially after the break.

What are some of the moves that the Orioles might make in the next few days, other than shuttle some lousy pitchers back and forth to Norfolk?  :confused:

2 minutes ago, Philip said:

I think it was the first inning when Smith took what appeared to be a 90 degree route to a ball that went for a double. He broke directly back towards the wall and suddenly noticed the ball 50 feet to his left and took that 99 degree turn towards the ball. If I saw it correctly, it’s just about the worst possible route to the ball one can take.

Mancini took a bad route in the 1st he has literally cost them 5/6 runs tonight. 

I think Smith is playing himself off the roster. 

6 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

If there aren't atleast a couple of roster moves tomorrow, then all the talk about wanting players who hustle and don't make mental mistakes is really laughable, especially after the break.

Serious question.

If you cut or send down a couple lollygaggers off of this squad how long do you think the message resonates for?  Do you give it a week?