vs. RED SOX, 7/19

OFFNY

1 minute ago, SteveA said:

Wow Keon.   He doesn't hit many, but when he does they are SHOTS.   Like that first one in Seattle on the first pitch he saw as an Oriole.

And Richie bunts for a base hit!!!   Just needs a double and homer for the cycle!

I was thinking the same thing. If he can get his strike out rate down below 50% He might be something.

And Martin is my guy. I really like him. I think he'll stay as utility guy and pinch runner.

2 minutes ago, Philip said:

I was thinking the same thing. If he can get his strike out rate down below 50% He might be something.

And Martin is my guy. I really like him. I think he'll stay as utility guy and pinch runner.

Broxton this year:  .630 OPS vs lefties.   .389 (WOW) vs RH.   (And the #s vs LH have gone up tonight).

Career:  .753 vs LH, .662 vs RH.

If he could OPS .750 vs lefties and play the defense he does, he could be a platoon CF and solid 4th outfielder.

That's a big if given his performance this year, though.

But I can see there being a reluctance to DFA him, at least until a bunch more guy are ML-ready.   Obviously Elias & company liked him more than Joey.

11 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Wilkerson has a single.   Martin has a triple that he scored on, and a bunt single.   Broxton has a monster shot home run.   And there's still no one out in the 4th.

Are you surprised?

Shocked. But in a good way, for a change. 

The guy I'm most surprised by is Wilkerson. He looks like a different hitter recently, especially right-handed.

13 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Broxton this year:  .630 OPS vs lefties.   .389 (WOW) vs RH.   (And the #s vs LH have gone up tonight).

Career:  .753 vs LH, .662 vs RH.

If he could OPS .750 vs lefties and play the defense he does, he could be a platoon CF and solid 4th outfielder.

That's a big if given his performance this year, though.

But I can see there being a reluctance to DFA him, at least until a bunch more guy are ML-ready.   Obviously Elias & company liked him more than Joey.

Indeed. I really wish he could do that, but I don't know if what he lacks can be taught or not. It was mentioned during the telecast that Broxton has been spending tons of time in the cage trying to get better, so we'll see.