Nick Kingham DFA’d

millertime

4 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

We could recycle 10 pitchers on our 40 man and it wouldn’t be a big loss. I hope Elias is aggressive it contenders start dropping people to make room on their roster. 

At this point, I"m ready to shed Bleier, Smith Jr, Broxton, Shepherd, Wynns, and Mullins from the 40 man.  Spots will clear from trading Villar, Givens, Mancini, and/or Alberto, etc.  There's always Davis' spot...

I'd like to see Mason Williams take Broxton's spot for a minute, and I figure Strailey will be up again at some point. 

55 minutes ago, ScGO's said:

At this point, I"m ready to shed Bleier, Smith Jr, Broxton, Shepherd, Wynns, and Mullins from the 40 man.  Spots will clear from trading Villar, Givens, Mancini, and/or Alberto, etc.  There's always Davis' spot...

I'd like to see Mason Williams take Broxton's spot for a minute, and I figure Strailey will be up again at some point. 

Wynns should stay because if Sisco or Severino go down with an injury he is a good back up.

Mullins is 24 years old.  I don't see Elias DFAing him at that age.

Smith has an option left.  He could be sent down but I don't see him DFA'd at this point.

Shepherd could be DFA'd at any moment.

Let's see who is traded.  

Kingham is one of those "meh" pick up options to me. If the Orioles scouting and analytics think there is something there to fix or tweak to get improved results, then sure. After all, it's not like we are full of quality pitching. If nothing else, Kingham can eat innings as well as Wojo. There's a need to get through the season and to try and add assets for the future. Kingham can at least take the ball a few times to help with the former. Can he be a positive asset beyond that? Maybe. Like with most waiver wire guys, it's a slim chance, but this is a season to throw everyone at the wall and see who sticks. Kingham can be one of them...or not...whatever.

1 minute ago, jamalshw said:

Kingham is one of those "meh" pick up options to me. If the Orioles scouting and analytics think there is something there to fix or tweak to get improved results, then sure. 

There are a million guys (I exaggerate, but every org has four or six or eight) out there with 4.00 ERAs and mediocre K/BB numbers in AAA.  Some of them might one day figure something out, but as fans several steps removed from AAA action we have almost no ability to pick out who's worthwhile and who isn't.