Nick Kingham DFA’d

millertime

38 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

He is the king of ham.  Got to respect a title like that.

27 years old, FIP of 5.94, career FIP well over 5.  Walks 3.5/9 only striking out 6/9.

Meh.

I don’t disagree that his numbers have been pretty atrocious but on a rebuilding team does it really hurt to give him another shot?

2 minutes ago, millertime said:

I don’t disagree that his numbers have been pretty atrocious but on a rebuilding team does it really hurt to give him another shot?

I said meh not pass.

I think he is very likely to not turn into anything.  The same can be said of many others on the 40 man.

13 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I’ll be glad when Elias builds up this farm system, and I don’t have see a thread for every trash heap player that gets cut from another team’s 40 man roster. 

That should lower the frequency to every third trash heap player.

Kingham is 19-14, 3.87 ERA, 1.217 WHIP in 51 starts at AAA.     I would like to see Elias claim him.  He is out of options so he has to be kept on the major league roster which should not be a problem.    Chandler Shepherd is looking like he would pass through waivers to make room on the roster.

Here in a scouting report:

Assets Owns an ideal pitchers' frame, plus the durability and stamina of an ace starter. Also boasts very good command of his fastball, as well as the reportoire to get outs regularly.
Flaws His stuff may not be dominant enough to become a true ace at the big-league level, and he may become a bit too hittable at times. Also needs to meet expectations.
Career potential Big, inconsistent but talented and versatile right-hander.

2 hours ago, millertime said:

Of course not.  The hallmark of every successful rebuilding team is for the GM to drink excessively then let his pet monkey throw darts at the DFA list.  This approach is considerably more analytical.

5 hours ago, wildcard said:

Kingham is 19-14, 3.87 ERA, 1.217 WHIP in 51 starts at AAA.     I would like to see Elias claim him.  He is out of options so he has to be kept on the major league roster which should not be a problem.    Chandler Shepherd is looking like he would pass through waivers to make room on the roster.

Here in a scouting report:

Assets Owns an ideal pitchers' frame, plus the durability and stamina of an ace starter. Also boasts very good command of his fastball, as well as the reportoire to get outs regularly.
Flaws His stuff may not be dominant enough to become a true ace at the big-league level, and he may become a bit too hittable at times. Also needs to meet expectations.
Career potential Big, inconsistent but talented and versatile right-hander.

Chandler Sherpherd is on the 40 man?  8.20 ERA and all. I think he’d clear waivers. 

11 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I’ll be glad when Elias builds up this farm system, and I don’t have see a thread for every trash heap player that gets cut from another team’s 40 man roster. 

Someone should just start a Waiver Wire pick up thread.  As trades start happening, I expect a lot of interesting options to start hitting waivers as contenders try to make room on their 40 man rosters for new acquisitions.  I would think Elias might be just as active on the waiver wire this July as he is in the trade market.

5 minutes ago, ScGO's said:

Someone should just start a Waiver Wire pick up thread.  As trades start happening, I expect a lot of interesting options to start hitting waivers as contenders try to make room on their 40 man rosters for new acquisitions.  I would think Elias might be just as active on the waiver wire this July as he is in the trade market.

We could recycle 10 pitchers on our 40 man and it wouldn’t be a big loss. I hope Elias is aggressive it contenders start dropping people to make room on their roster.