Nick...killing it in the 2 spot.

Moose Milligan

That was me not knowing the facts and I was just using an example. I should have used Phyliss Diller instead of Angelina Jolie. My bad. (Of course someone will probably tell me that she also won an oscar as I truly don't know about actors and actresses and oscars.) I do know Markakis hasn't won a Gold Glove and you should state he plays Gold Glove Defense as if it is a fact when it by necessity can only be opinion.

Posting without knowing the facts? Shocker!

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did you read my original post, or the one following it explaining the original?? I never claimed it to be fact, I said it was my opinion and then restated this again even though I don't think that it was needed, yet even after all that you still try to say I claimed it to be fact.

You twice stated it as if it was fact. In your original and a subsequent post. I get it that you have now recanted. However, you should have just admitted to mistating it in the first place instead of being so argumentative about it. You were wrong period, in how you stated it. You need to learn how to express an opinion as just that and not mis-state it as if it was or is a fact.

No, its like saying that she is an Oscar winning performer when she has never won an Oscar. It simply isn't true.

Are you borderline retarded? She has won an Oscar for Girl, Interrupted.

The fact that Nick Markakis has yet to win a GG has no bearing on whether or not he plays gold glove defense. They give out three outfield GGs a year. Are you saying that each year there are only three outfielders that play GG defense?

And now I've gone against my own advice by responding to you. You're a demented old fool.

Posting without knowing the facts? Shocker!

Yeah, not nowing the facts about Angelina Jolie. So what? This is a baseball forum and I wasn't the one who brought an actress into the conversaton anyway. So get over it. At least I am smart enough to know that Nick Markakis has never won a gold glove and fellow posters shouldn't be making statements as if it is fact that he plays gold glove defense. You have no argument nor does anyone else to refute me as being 100% correct on this which is the entire point of the debate.

Something tells me this ain't the first time this has happened to you.

LOL...I bet it won't be the last either!

BTW, yesterday OLDFAn called Michael Young a GREAT player.

So, let's see how this great player does(these stats are his splits from 2005-2007):

batting 2nd: 332/379/492/871......1360 at bats

batting 3rd: 295/346/404/750.....638 at bats

This year:

batting 2nd: 294/344/431/775...360 at bats

batting 3rd: 263/318/364/682...118 at bats

So, how can Young be great and better than Nick yet his stats are worse than Nick and he has a much worse time batting third than Nick does??

I don't understand this...So, OLDFAN, please explain how this is even remotely possible.

That was me not knowing the facts and I was just using an example. I should have used Phyliss Diller instead of Angelina Jolie. My bad. (Of course someone will probably tell me that she also won an oscar as I truly don't know about actors and actresses and oscars.) I do know Markakis hasn't won a Gold Glove and you should state he plays Gold Glove Defense as if it is a fact when it by necessity can only be opinion.

The Gold Glove, Cy Young, and MVP are all opinions.

You twice stated it as if it was fact. In your original and a subsequent post. I get it that you have now recanted. However, you should have just admitted to mistating it in the first place instead of being so argumentative about it. You were wrong period, in how you stated it. You need to learn how to express an opinion as just that and not mis-state it as if it was or is a fact.

This is the most hilarious "advice" I have ever read.

The Gold Glove, Cy Young, and MVP are all opinions.

Not so. They are physical awards presented to an individual. An opinion is not something you can physically hold or place on your mantle.

It is not an opinion that Brooks Robinson received 18 Gold Gloves. He physically has them in his possession. It would be an opinion to state he deserved those awards. Basic logic.

Not so. They are physical awards presented to an individual. An opinion is not something you can physically hold or place on your mantle.

LOL...wow, you really are clueless.

You do know that these "physical awards" are voted on right? And you do know that the voters vote on what they believe, ie their OPINIONS....You do get this right? This concept isn't over your head is it?

You made an incorrect statement then. He doesn't play gold glove defense until he wins one. What you should have wrote is that "in your opinion, he plays gold glove defense." The fact is he hasn't yet won a Gold Glove so he hasn't played "gold glove defense" period.

Did you get a Gold Glove at first base in softball when you NEVER missed a ball?

They are voted in. A vote is an opinion.

Also an opinion does not equal intangible.

Archived