Record Breaking HR Prediction Thread

Moose Milligan

On 8/6/2019 at 12:01 PM, Bubble Buddy said:

August 22nd Against TB

Avisail Garcia

Mychal Givens

8th inning

This is the only poster to guess August 22. 

By the way, there should be fanfare and the entire pitching staff (you too, Stevie) should do a Cal-esque lap around the stadium when we break this thing.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, TGO said:

By the way, there should be fanfare and the entire pitching staff (you too, Stevie) should do a Cal-esque lap around the stadium when we break this thing.

It used to be tradition to drive a player around the stadium in a convertible, maybe one from the year they made their debut or were born. Since the O's are breaking the 2016 Reds' record they should cut the top off of a red 2016 Dodge Dart with a sawzall and stuff the entire pitching staff inside like a clown car and drive them around the park for an ovation.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

It used to be tradition to drive a player around the stadium in a convertible, maybe one from the year they made their debut or were born. Since the O's are breaking the 2016 Reds' record they should cut the top off of a red 2016 Dodge Dart with a sawzall and stuff the entire pitching staff inside like a clown car and drive them around the park for an ovation.

As someone whose first automobile was a magnificent 1971 Dodge Dart, I object to calling that inferior thing that came out in the past few years by that name.  It's as jarring to me as referring to the NFL team in Indianapolis as the Colts.

28 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

There needs to be a special video tribute to those who are no longer with us who have done so much to make today possible...Dan Straily and David Hess.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, TGO said:

Avisail Garcia is on the IL.  He has begun a rehab assignment and is "expected to join the Rays sometime this weekend in Baltimore".  Sounds kind of iffy for tonight.  Givens is rested and is available to pitch.  He went an inning Tuesday.

6 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Avisail Garcia is on the IL.  He has begun a rehab assignment and is "expected to join the Rays sometime this weekend in Baltimore".  Sounds kind of iffy for tonight.  Givens is rested and is available to pitch.  He went an inning Tuesday.

It's not as much fun predicting the particulars now but I'll go with a Tommy Pham 2 run HR off of Wojo in the first inning.

28 minutes ago, Three Run Homer said:

There needs to be a special video tribute to those who are no longer with us who have done so much to make today possible...Dan Straily and David Hess.

Fortunately, if their active MLB careers don't pan out, they both have bright futures as batting practice pitchers.

58 minutes ago, SteveA said:

As someone whose first automobile was a magnificent 1971 Dodge Dart, I object to calling that inferior thing that came out in the past few years by that name.  It's as jarring to me as referring to the NFL team in Indianapolis as the Colts.

I picked the new Dodge Dart as our pitching staff's representative car because that's what came up when I Googled "worst car of 2016."

26 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Fortunately, if their active MLB careers don't pan out, they both have bright futures as batting practice pitchers.

They should have them be the pitchers for next year's home run derby.  No more bringing your own pitcher, you have to use the pitchers who gave up the most homers per inning (min 30 innings) during the prior season.