2019 W total?

El Gordo

I'm going to say 50 on the dot!

The Tigers, Mariners, and Blue Jays games could be some competitive equal match ups and the best games to determine a few of our 40 man roster decisions for next year.

The Dodgers series is going to really make us recognize where we are and where we want to be with our roster.

It would be nice if we could put the nail in the coffin on the Red Sox if they creep back into it and are close at the end.

I don’t know. I’m kind of disappointed. I felt going into the final month, or the last 30 games, that we had an outside chance to avoid triple-digit losses. Of course, I’d assumed that we’d wipe the floor with KC and thought we had a good chance of at least taking this last series from Tampa. I also believed we’d sweep Texas, but that’s obviously not happening either.

So now we’ve got to go 17-5 to avoid 100. I admit that’s a pretty tall order, even with all the (presumed) cupcakes left on the schedule.

All that is to say that my heart says 63, but my head’s saying something along the lines of 57-61 or so. Put me down for 60.

2 hours ago, eddie83 said:

We have lost a ton of winnable games since Saturday. Could easily have 2/3 more wins. 

I think I said 57 wins so what the heck I’ll stay with. 11-11 rest of way. Can’t believe I just typed that. 

I am sure the Tigers who may not win more games then the Orioles from last year,have lost winnable games. Last four they have played have had 3 one run losses and one 2 run win. Bad teams lose winnable games.

Tigers:-2 less games played then the Orioles

11-21  One Run

4-9   Extra Innings

6-32 (5 runs or more) Blowouts

Also have played 28 two run games .

Orioles:

10-16  One Run

2-5     Extra Innings

15-39 (5 runs or more) Blowouts

Have also played 24 two run games.

That was a horribly played series against a struggling Ranger team that was not hitting or playing well on the road.Bad pitching, bad defense and missing cut off men again. .Dodgers really dont play that well on the road and are guaranteed a division title. Maybe the Orioles will play better,can't play worse in the Dodger series.

Dodgers are 2 GB HOU and 1.5 GB NYY for home field advantage in the Series.   LA's magic number to win their 7th straight division title is 3.   I thought the O's would get at least 1 vs TEX. OOPS.
On paper, the Dodgers should also sweep the O's, who do worse at home.   But they don't play the games on paper...

Home field (Games 1-2 and 6-7) in this best-of-seven series goes to the team with the higher regular-season winning percentage, regardless of whether team is a Wild Card winner or a Division Series winner. (Of course, in the first World Series in which these rules were implemented, the home team lost Game 7, with the Astros winning 5-1 against the Dodgers in Los Angeles to become 2017 champs.)
If the two pennant winners go into the Fall Classic with identical regular-season records, the first tiebreaker will be head-to-head record in the regular season. If the teams did not play during the season during Interleague Play, the tiebreaker would go to the team with the better overall record against teams in its own division. If that were also a tie, the tiebreaker would be intraleague records (the NL club's record vs. NL teams and the AL team's record vs. AL teams).

https://www.mlb.com/news/world-series-home-field-advantage-c252671498

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

That was a horribly played series against a struggling Ranger team that was not hitting or playing well on the road.Bad pitching, bad defense and missing cut off men again. .Dodgers really dont play that well on the road and are guaranteed a division title. Maybe the Orioles will play better,can't play worse in the Dodger series.

Yes.  That was ugly and pathetic in so many ways.  But, we did get to see Hays make some sparkling catches and practice climbing the wall in futile pursuit.  Scott looked decent enough.  Hanser kept his average up, especially against LHP.  Other than that?  Meansie.  Trey with 30, Noonie with 29 and Tony with 18.  ⚾

• Like 1

17 hours ago, atomic said:

They are playing 4 game against Tigers and 6 against Blue Jay's and 3 against Mariners.  Seems likely they get at least to 50 wins. As those teams are all on downward spirals

Tigers may not even win as many games as the Orioles did  last year. Since starting out 13-14 ,the Tigers have gone 29-86. The Tigers home record is 18-50. Most home losses ever is 59 in a season. They have lost 58 games in their really bad 2003 season. Orioles at home have also been terrible. If they lose three more games at home,it looks like they would have the most losses back to back at home in  a season in the 162 game schedule. Tigers lost 105 in 2002 and 2003 at home.  Mets lost 105 in their first two season at home. Orioles are now 50-103 with nine home games left.Not exactly an incentive to go the Yard. 

The perception of this Orioles team is pretty much baked-in at this late stage of the season, but its inability to deliver any kind of on-field value at home continued to show with a four-game sweep at the hands of the Texas Rangers this week.

The Orioles are 22-50 at home, and with 10 games left, they’re at least in play for the most home losses in a season, which was 59 by the 1938 St. Louis Browns. Last year’s 28-53 home record was the worst home year since the team moved to Baltimore. This year’s Tigers are a lot worse at home as well, but the Orioles are on pace to be one of the worst home teams in baseball history.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/bs-sp-orioles-reset-instructional-league-changes-20190909-35w5lh4iqvdnnlliorbfjsbpuy-story.html