Early November should be a busy time for Elias

wildcard

5 hours ago, Natty said:

After having the worst ERA in baseball the last couple years, I agree that improving our pitching is a nice idea.

That would depend if they are ready for the team to trend up. If the goal is to pick at or near the top of the round they need to continue to lose at a high clip.

1 hour ago, scOtt said:

I imagine Houston has to finish their postseason before Elias can raid more people out of their organization. ?

Personally, I hope they can add a few guys from the Rays, a few guys from the Dodgers, a few guys they've worked with previously, maybe like Mike Fast who was with the Astros and is now with the Braves, Jaron Madison with the Cubs that they knew with the Cards and some guys outside of pro baseball.

The Rays and Dodgers are loaded with bright people, some of whom might be interested in a promotion that isn't available with their current team. 

I'm anxious to see player development, similar to what Means just talked about but I'm more interested in seeing who they bring in as coaches, analysts, coordinators, etc. Elias didn't have time last year. This year he does, and he's had a year to make contacts and set a plan. And bringing in Matt Blood should be a huge help too.

Rule 5 will be interesting but the hires from now until then should set the path going forward. That's what I'm anxious to see. 

• Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, John Welch said:

Personally, I hope they can add a few guys from the Rays, a few guys from the Dodgers, a few guys they've worked with previously, maybe like Mike Fast who was with the Astros and is now with the Braves, Jaron Madison with the Cubs that they knew with the Cards and some guys outside of pro baseball.

The Rays and Dodgers are loaded with bright people, some of whom might be interested in a promotion that isn't available with their current team. 

The Yankees have to be up there with the smartest teams too. 

Just now, LookinUp said:

Unfortunately, they're both smart and rich. The Dodgers of the AL. Makes them a tough competitor. 

1. 2B Gleyber Torres
  2. SS Didi Gregorius
  3. 1B Luke Voit
  4. 3B DJ LeMahieu
  5. INF Gio Urshela

None of these guys were number 1 picks, or highly ranked prospects, yet, look at they produced well of where they were projected. When Didi first took over, it look like he would be a bust, and now look.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Tx Oriole said:

Not smart. Ownership is loaded with oodles of money. They can buy championships.

They're making smart choices and developing well. Look at the post above yours. They did a great job with Didi, Voit and LeMahieu. Didi was available for years and they changed Voit after trading for him.

I understand the animosity. But they're a smart organization. 

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

They aren't more loaded than the Dodgers and how many have they won recently?

Money gives you a fair shot to get into the final 10.

I wonder what’s wrong with the Dodgers? They have a lot of talent and money but they fail to get to the World Series. 

1 hour ago, Redskins Rick said:
  1. 2B Gleyber Torres
  2. SS Didi Gregorius
  3. 1B Luke Voit
  4. 3B DJ LeMahieu
  5. INF Gio Urshela

None of these guys were number 1 picks, or highly ranked prospects, yet, look at they produced well of where they were projected. When Didi first took over, it look like he would be a bust, and now look.

Gleyber Torres wasn't a highly ranked prospect? He was the Cubs' top prospect, and No. 26 in all of baseball (per MLB.com), when they traded him to the Yankees.

• Thanks 1