2019 World Series (ASTROS vs. NATIONALS)

OFFNY

13 minutes ago, Sessh said:

Nah, it would have been the right call. It looked pretty clear to me that the tag was applied when his foot popped off the bag and before the trailing leg hit the bag. He clearly lost contact with the base with the tag applied. Several different angles of HD, slow motion footage. It looked pretty clear to me. The interference call was just embarrassing. Replay is pointless if they still get the call wrong. It happens way too often even in April.

Well good thing you aren’t in charge of replay reviews. 

There wasn’t irrefutable evidence by any means, you just couldn’t tell by the angle and nobody wants to sit around 5 minutes while they keep looking.

6 minutes ago, Sessh said:

In Hinch's defense, he did not immediately make the call to the bullpen when he went out to Greinke. They had a little exchange, Greinke nodded his head and then Hinch made the point to the pen while standing on the mound with him, so it looked to me like Greinke was ok with the move. However, that was one of those situations where the only thing holding the Nats offense back was Greinke and pulling him for anyone would be a bad move. Sometimes, you don't have a choice though.

He could have chosen Cole.  But...that is the way it goes. 

Just now, barellano said:

Super happy that they won. It stings a bit that they won it before we did, but good for them. They deserve it more. 

Nats clock is running out being the oldest team in baseball. This was probably the last shot with this current group. Maybe they can do something about that awful Walgreens logo now. ?

1 minute ago, barellano said:

Super happy that they won. It stings a bit that they won it before we did, but good for them. They deserve it more. 

I could care less if it means we actually win a title before I am dead.  The Nats were a great story and Soto is the new face of baseball.  Great, great run.  

2 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Nats clock is running out being the oldest team in baseball. This was probably the last shot with this current group. Maybe they can do something about that awful Walgreens logo now. ?

I am curious how their starters bounce back from This. Have to see how many FA’s leave. 

Just now, JR Oriole said:

I could care less if it means we actually win a title before I am dead.  The Nats were a great story and Soto is the new face of baseball.  Great, great run.  

Totally agree. I was born in 84 so I haven't experienced an O's championship unfortunately. I root for the Nats and am thrilled that they won, but being so close to home it just reminds me that I haven't experienced an O's title yet. 

I've kind of softened my opinion on the Nats since we regressed and Harper left (never liked him, found him obnoxious though I acknowledged the talent). But I fel kind of bittersweet in a way. Like I'm happy for the Nats fans I know. A lot of them are in my family and friends here in Northern Va but I've also gotten so many people including family members who act like sticking with the Orioles was some form of treason. I couldn't just switch to the Nats just because DC got a team. Those Expos and they were definitely teh Expos in all but name in 2005 weren't people who I had followed. Plus my fondest baseball memories have been at OPACY. Congrats to the Nats though. That was an exciting series. IT should be interesting to see what happens next. They are as you guys have said an old team but Soto and Robles are young. If they keep on developing young talent like that, they should be good. 

2 minutes ago, barellano said:

Totally agree. I was born in 84 so I haven't experienced an O's championship unfortunately. I root for the Nats and am thrilled that they won, but being so close to home it just reminds me that I haven't experienced an O's title yet. 

Yep born in '87 here. I've seen only three LCS's featuring our Birds in my life.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Orioles1954 said:

Moved to Maryland in ‘84 as a boy. Love the O’s but this stings. I want what these guys have and I feel it’s not going to happen.

After the Cubs did it a few years ago, anything's possible but also seeing how long the Cubs went without one, the opposite is true too. I could be a very old or dead man the next time the O's win one. I definitely feel jealous and honestly bemused since some of the Nats fans in my friends and family are smack talking Harper who previously they would have told me was better than Manny and that thinking he was a tool was just being a hater. I mean that's sports fandom so I don't begrudge it but man I want this for us more than ever after tonight.

1 hour ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I hear that a lot about the Walgreens logo as well,  but from what I recall, the Nats just adopted the old Senators logo. I do see the similarity, but the Senators cap I grew up with is what it looks like to me. I kind of like that continuity. I was surprised to learn the original Washington franchise at one point (1905, their 5th year) were officially renamed The Nationals, but The Senators nickname just caught on and they went with that. 

http://www.sportslogos.net/logos/list_by_team/79/Washington_Senators/

• Upvote 1